III

We stayed in Lauren's room until around 7. She made me wear a nice shirt and flats but I got to keep my jeans. What's even the point of dressing up? We're going to be in the dark for the two hours and then when we come back out it'll be dark. I don't even like Chris. No point.

Harry waited for us in the living room. He gave us both a small smile and stood up.

"Ready?" He started for the door. "Yup." Lauren cheered.

We got into the car and I had to sit in the back while Lauren was up front. She turned around and started to talk about this so called date type thing.

"You look so good, Chris is going to be all over you." She smiled. "I told you I don't even like Chris." I sighed. "Give him a chance! He's a really nice guy."

"You're making her go on a date with a guy she doesn't even like?" Harry cut in. "Yeah but he really likes her, and I thought they'd be cute together." Lauren shrugged. "Wow. Well Didi, I'd be happy to save you from your date and take you to see any movie you want." He said. "She doesn't want to hangout with you! You're too old!" Lauren cut in. "I'm only 25!" He laughed. I'm not really sure if he meant it but if he did I would've probably died.

I can't even imagine going to see a movie with Harry. We'd have one drink with two straws, one popcorn, the armrest in between the seats would be up so he could have his arm around my shoulders comfortably and then we'd end up making out. It'd be perfect.

"Seriously, I have no problem with it." He said smiling at me through the rear view mirror. "I would like to take you up on that offer, but what would I tell Chris?" I said trying not to sound too giddy.

"You seriously would rather hangout with my uncle than one of the hottest guys at school?" Lauren looked at me as if I had grown another head. "Honestly, yeah. I've told you before I don't like Chris and whenever I talk to him he tries to flirt with me and acts all douchey." I'm not even lying just to be able to see a different movie with Harry.

"Me and Didi are going to have a good time while you hangout with a couple of losers. Karma got you there, didn't she?" Harry rubbed it in Lauren's face. They've always acted more as siblings than uncle and niece.

"Fine. But since I have to cover for you, you owe me." She said to me. "Fine by me." I laughed a little.

When we finally got to the theatre, Eric and Chris were standing outside waiting. Lauren got out and went with them both in while Harry and I waited a few minutes to actually go in.

"Lauren just text me and said they're in the theater." I said from the backseat. "You know, we could always just skip the movie..." He said not moving from his seat. "And do what?" I asked confused. "Each other."