II

School always seems to drag on, and it sucks when all you can think about is someone who isn't even in school.

I haven't been to Lauren's in over a week so it seems like I've been waiting for this day for years. We planned to go to her house after school today so we met up in front of school and began our walk home. I was going to ask her about Harry but I stopped myself. She knows I think he's attractive but that's about it. I don't want her to think I go over to her house just because I want to see Harry even though, that's what it feels like I've been doing the passed couple months.

"So yesterday I was talking to Eric about going to see a movie tonight and he said he was going to bring Chris for you to hangout with. Is that okay?" She asked. I once told her I thought Chris was cute and ever since then she's been trying to get me and him together by using our friend Eric. Eric will do basically anything she says so I'm not surprised she said she got him to get Chris to come along. I honestly wish she convinced her uncle to go instead. Maybe she could tell him we need to have someone older to sit in with us since we're all only 17.

"Yup. Sounds fun." I tried to hide my disappointment although she easily caught on. "What, you don't like Chris?" She asked. "It's not that. But..." I trailed off to find a way to tell her that it doesn't matter who she tries to set me up with, I can't be bothered unless it's Harry.

"But, what?" She pressed. "I kind of like this other guy." We weren't that far away from her house and that gave me butterflies. "Who is it!?" She freaked. I knew she would.

"He doesn't go here." I shrugged. "Well what's his name?" Shit, what is his name? "Henry." I saw Harry's car sitting in the driveway like it always is. He's usually here when we get back from school. "Do I get to meet this Henry guy?" You already have. "Yeah, maybe. I don't even know if we'll be anything serious."

We walked up her porch and inside her house. She made a beeline straight to her room but I tried to stay downstairs as long as possible by removing my shoes slowly to see if that's where he was. I didn't see him so I walked up to Lauren's room. But I stopped suddenly because I heard his voice inside her room.

"Where's your friend?"

"She's coming, why?"

"Just wondering, you two are practically attached at the hip."

"Oh yeah, do you think you could drop us off at the movie theater tonight?"

"I don't know, I might be going out."

"Please? We're supposed to meet these guys there and I've been really trying to get her with one of them."

"... I'll think about it."

I walked in right after he said that. I noticed him in a tan-ish sweater and a black SnapBack on backwards. He's literally so good looking I could melt.

"Oh. Hey Didi." He greeted with a wave. "Hi Harry." I tried not throwing while I replied. Not literally of course.

"Well, I'll leave you two to talk about boys or puppies or whatever it is you always gush about." He got off the bed and walked passed me to the door sending me wink. I felt my cheeks burn and I tried not to look any different as I sat on the bed with Lauren staring at me.

"So are you ready for tonight?" She asked as I heard the door closed. I just nodded while smiling. Not because I actually want to hangout with Chris but the wink I just received got me all flustered.