XXIII

To clear my mind of all things that include Harry, I decided to take a walk. As I made my way through some path I use to go through when I was a kid, I realize I may have forgotten the way or the weeds have completely covered the path now. Not too big a deal because if I walk far enough I just come out on the other side to some road.

As I walk through the small patch of woods and take pictures of what catches my eye, i get a call from Harry. It's the third one in the last hour so I finally decide to answer it.

"Hello?"
"Didi, hey. I just got home, listen I really wanna talk about what happened."
"Sorry Harry, but I don't." I interrupt and hang up.

I feel like I've always just forgave him for things he's done or said. Not seeing him for a couple more days will be okay, it'll give him time to think about what he said. I've made it known to him more than once that I don't like Joan and although I'm glad he turned her down I don't like the way he did it.

I walk some more through the woods but not before turning my phone off. I don't need it constantly vibrating when I'm trying to focus on taking photographs. After about an hour I'm ready to head back. Maybe the next time I come out here I'll bring Lucas so I can hear him whine about the bugs.

...

Harry got back 3 days ago and I've still barely talked to him. He asks to see me but I keep telling him no although I know I have to face him sooner not later. However I don't want to seem like a doormat allowing him to walk all over me, forgiving him right away is just showing him that I am. The next time he calls, and I know he will, I'll agree to see him.

Just then my phone started vibrating so I answered it.

"Hello?"
"Aphrodite"
"Harold."
"That's not my- never mind. When can I see you? You can't keep avoiding me like this."
"I'm not avoiding you, I just didn't want to see you."
"Okay, you didn't answer my question though."
"I don't know, I'm pretty busy lately. I'll let you know."
"Wait, where are you right now?"
"I just got home, but I have things to do so I can't-"

He hung up in the middle of me telling him I had something to do. If he stayed on the phone long enough I would've told him we could see each other, I just wanted to hear him beg. He's probably on his way here now.

I get up and pull out some of my school stuff and set it on the couch to make it look like I was actually doing something. Not too long after I've set my stuff out and sat down I hear him pull in the driveway and knock on the door.

I walk over to it slowly and then finally open it up. He's standing there with his hands on his hips and an aggravated look on his face. He walks in and goes to the living room so I shut the door and face him.

"What the hell Didi?" He scrunches his face up, raises his hands, and then drops them back to his sides. "What?" I ask playing dumb. "I've been wanting to talk to you for days but you won't even answer my calls. What's your deal?" He says sounding angry. "Really? You talk to the one person I can't stand and not only were you talking, but complimenting, and I can't just have a few more days without you? You know I don't like Joan! You know this. I don't see why it's such a big deal for me to not want to see you for a couple more days."

"Okay I can understand that, but you've been ignoring my calls and texts ever since that happened. I'm sorry I said those things but you should know I wouldn't cheat. I thought saying stuff like that would make her back off." He says. "How could you possibly think that it'd make her back off? That's like adding gasoline to a fire!" I say. "I wasn't thinking right! I'm sorry! I don't know what you want me to say! I wasn't thinking straight, I honestly thought it'd make her stop at the time." He tells me.