Chapter three

Holy Jesus, I am going to freaking eat somebody!  I think to myself when my stomach grumbles for the fifth time.  Who even forgets their lunch money?! I am such an idiot I repeat to myself multiple times as I walk to the lunch cafeteria with Jai.

"Is there something wrong?" He asks

"No not really, I am just really hungry"

"Well that's why we're going to lunch." He chuckles

I follow Jai to some seats and he tells me to sit down while he finds some of his friends.  I just nod and smile.  While I wait I whip out my Algebra book and my homework assignment.  Math is one of my best subjects so I work through it quite fast.  I have about ten more questions when Jai returns with his twin and friend.

"Hope this is my twin Luke and my friend James." He points to each of them as they all sit down with food.  Luke gives me a friendly wave and James gives me a bright smile.

I close up my books and put them to the side.

"Hi guys, its nice to meet you two."  I flash my pearly whites to them and smile.

They all dig into their food.

*Errmphhp*I clutch my stomach look at them like it wasn't my stomach that just roared.

They all laughed.

"Why don't you get some food?" Jai says still laughing.

"I sorta forgot money." I half laugh.

"Well you can have some of our food." James kindly stateted

"Are you sure?" I ask with so much relief.

They all nod.

"Thank you guys so much, as you can tell I'm starving!" I gladly take an apple from Jais tray, 1/4 of James sub and 1/2 of Luke's cookie.

"You can take more than that." Jai exclaims

"Well I don't want to be rude after all it's your guys food!  I'll just eat tons at my house."

"Okay." Jai says giving up.

"So tell us about yourself." Luke says eating the other half of his cookie.

"What would you like to know?" I smile.

"About your life before you came here." Jai states.

"Well I've lived all over the world.  But I was born in London.  My family is just my mom, my forth step dad and myself."

"What happen to your dad?" James questions

I feel my heart stop.  The questioned I feared the most was just asked.  I can already feel tears welling up in my eyes.

"H-he passed away...about 4 years ago.  I am sorry I don't want to expand on that question anymore."  I say looking down and wiping the tears that escaped my eyes.

"Oh, I am sorry I didn't mean to ma-"

"No, no it's fine, you just asked a question." I force a smile.

Jai warps his arm around my shoulders to give me comfort, which helps.

"Say, we're getting the boys together tonight at our place, would you like to hangout out with us?" Luke blurted.

"I don't have anything going on, I just have homework.  If you're sure its alright, I'd be delighted too." I answered with a smile.

"Great, you'll have to walk home with us though, our mum has the car." Jai says still with his arm around me.