Chapter 13

Chapter 13

As Zack and I make our way to our lunch table our friends heads are all turned.

"What are you guys looking at?" I ask acting dumb.

"So... Are you guys together or..." Mason says drifting off.

"No, we hate each other and aren't friends anymore." Zack says in a 'duh' tone.

"Awe! You guys are so cute!" Meg shrieks.

I feel my cheeks grown faintly red and try to look away so they don't notice. I glance behind Meg's shoulder and I see the one and only Brent Rivera sitting there staring at me like he's pissed.

Oh great, just when my life we going ok he gets all pissy.

His stare is hard and I soon get uncomfortable. Zack has his arm around me and I slide a little closer to him.

"You ok?" Zack asks looking down at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say putting on my best fake smile. I glance back over at Brent and see him staring even more intently at me. He sits at a table at the back of the cafeteria all by himself just staring at me...

"Zack, I think we better get going. I want to be early to class." I say tugging on his arm.

"Ok. But you know it doesn't start for another 15 minutes right? We are going to be really early." he says slightly chuckling.

"Ya I know. I'm just not hungry and I don't want to sit here anymore."

"Ok. Let's go." he says getting up and locking our fingers.

The bell finally rings signaling the end of the day. Zack had basketball practice today so he can't drive me home. That leaves me to walk.

I grab my books out of my locker then slam the door, stuffing the books into my bag.

The halls are mostly cleared already because almost everyone waits outside for their ride or leave right when the bell rings unlike me who takes like 15 minutes just to get to my locker.

I see a tall figure walking in front of me and immediately know who it is. Brent.

"Brent!" I yell and run up to him.

"What?" he snaps.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask taking a step back.

"Nothing. I don't want to talk to you right now bitch." he spits.

"Ok. You have no reason to be mad at me. What did I do to you?!" I shout.

"Why are you with that douche?" hr suddenly asks.

"First, he isn't a douche, that'd be you. Second, why do you care?"

"I don't. I could care less about you." he says storming off.

"Wait!" I yell after him.

"What?" he asks annoyed.

"Can you give me a ride home?" I ask hopefully.

He stares at me for a second but the replies "You can walk. It won't hurt." he says throwing his hood up and running out in the rain to his car.

Great, all my friends are gone and now I have to walk home, in the rain.

15 minutes. I have been walking in the pouring rain for 15 freakin minutes. I can't believe Brent wouldn't drive me home. No, actually I can. Typical "I don't care" bad boy attitude.

After another 5 minutes of walking a car pulls up to the side moving slowly.

"How's the rain?" asks the last voice I wanted to hear.

"Shut up Brent!" I yell over the loud rain.

"Nahhh I'm good." he says with a smirk.

"Can you please drive me home? My feet hurt and I am soaked." I plead.

"No, I don't want you to ruin my car."

"Please Brent? If you drive me home I'll do you a favor." I say desperately.

"What kind of favor?" he asks.

"Anything."

"Hop in."

:::::Do you guys think this story is boring? Sorry I kinda have writers block so the next few chapter might be a little weird but I'll have my friend help me! Oh and over my thanksgiving vacation I'm going to start a few chapters of this new book called Battle of the Gangs. The story is up, I just have to write the first chapter. Then after I finish this book I'll focus on Battle of the Gangs then maybe a sequel to this one?...:::::