The Windy City

~ Demi ~

It was the first jog I had done since Marissa went home and it actually felt relaxing. The wind rustled through my hair as I ran along the lake front. The outside amphitheater would be packed within hours and I needed this time to focus. After letting myself go yesterday afternoon with Selena, I fought with trying to clear things up with her. We had to be done with whatever it was that we both were falling into. It was sort of unexpected to have her kiss me when I wasn't the one initiating it. I regretted it now. I had a lot of those lately.

As the sparkling blue water began crashing against the concrete it now found itself up against, I gazed over at the line of buses. Each and every one of them belonged to dancers, singers and performers. I checked my pulse before gazing down at the watch against my wrist. My heart rate was slowing, so I picked up speed once again and made it towards my bus.

"Demi!" A very obnoxious yell shook me.

"God Robert!" I called back. "Why are you so loud!" I sort of screamed as he smirked.

"Did you miss me?"

"I cannot lie," I smiled, "I kind of wish you stayed away for a bit longer."

"This love-hate thing has to stop." He ran over, stopping just before taking in my appearance. "You look hot."

"As in the sweat all over my body?" I questioned, his brow raising.

"Either way, you're hot."

"Nice." I rolled my eyes as he followed me onto the bus. He had tanned recently within the past forty eight hours, his hair slightly trimmed as a new tattoo exposed itself to me. "When did you get that?"

"Oh, just last night. I went with a couple of friends back in LA to some tattoo shop and accidentally got inked."

"Right." I rolled my eyes, grabbing a towel to dab myself off with. I'd have to take a shower before tonight's show, but refused to do so at this very moment. I propped myself up against the sofa as Robert joined. He placed my legs in his lap before facing me.

"So, any thoughts on allowing me to date you?"

"Here we go." I groaned, ignoring him.

"That's cool. But I would like to at least get to touch you again."

"Have you given up this endless plight for my affection?" I smiled as he shrugged. "Visiting home has changed you."

"So, what were you up to these past few days?"

"Uh. Nothing really." Although I somewhat trusted Robert, he was just my dancer. I knew that after this tour he'd end up as another face in my memory. "It's your lucky day." I pulled my legs away from him, standing before tossing my sweaty towel onto the floor. "I need to relieve some tension." I smirked. He couldn't tell if I was joking or not. But his mind corrected itself when one piece of fabric after the other made its way onto the floor. In a matter of seconds we were fighting over dominance in the bedroom. His lips playing across my skin as I tried not to think about anything in the moment. I had to admit, when things went great, they were amazing. But when they were bad, they suffocated me. The second my body relaxed, my mind began to race and wander.

"These...past few days...waiting...were worth it." Robert smiled to himself. I was disgusted with him once again. Rolling my eyes before turning on my side. I grabbed my phone, checking to see if any message came through. Nothing. So just as I prepared to shut it back off, my photo album opened. There were a few sets of photos from Selena in the recent camera roll.