Baz disappears (part 2)

Baz's POV

Its dark all around me , I usually don't have a problem with the dark . I try to light a fire in my palm but its so weak , it goes out as soon as it appears. There's an itchy feeling all around me , like its hollow - an endless void seeping into the marrow of your very bones. I know that feeling all too well.

The insidious humdrum. I shake my head at the thought , that can't be right. Simon defeated the humdrum or filled it , I don't know what. But it - he's here now , I feel it.

Its so dark and so cold.

Simon's POV

Penny drove us back to the uni. She couldn't believe me .He was just.....gone.

We parked outside the library and Penny ran out as soon as she got out.

"Penny wait ! " I shouted after her but she was already gone.

"He's not here anymore , I've already looked , " I say to her.

"People don't just disappear Simon , he's probably still somewhere around , " she says , I see that she's already chanting spells.

"Some one took him and who ever it was hid him some where else , " I say but I can't even think straight right now.

"Simon , we don't know that , " she argues .

"I know , but Baz hasn't ....he wouldn't just , " I say and my voice cracks , I know Penny notices.

"Simon , maybe we should head home for now and just wait , " she says softly touching my shoulder.

Baz wouldn't just leave me alone.

I feel warm tears rolling down my cheeks now, "We can't , not when Baz is out there probably scared and helpless ."

"Simon , I know your worried , but maybe you should stop and think for a second . Baz is a vampire and he has magic , I'm sure he can take care of himself , " she said.

"He wouldn't have been missing then ! " I blurt out.

"How do you know for sure ? " she seemed almost annoyed now. She leaned against a table and rest her fingers on her temples.

"Because of this , " I say and hand her the book. " I found it lying on the floor after I realized he wasn't around."

It's a leather bound book , a first edition , old and tattered . I turn the page and hear Penny gasp. Across the page in slanting handwriting are five letters . Penny stares at the letters , running her chubby fingers across them , then swiftly rips the page and tucks it in her sleeve.

"Simon , why didn't you show me this before . It could be a clue , maybe he was trying to tell us something , " Penny says looking at me like I'm the dumbest guy she's ever seen.

"What could he possibly be saying with those five letters Penny , " I ask her. "All I know is he's gone and he needs me."

I said that last part so softly , I'm not sure she even heard me. Five letters written sloppily , so untidy as if he was in a hurry . Just five letters , he wrote them before he disappeared , almost like he was calling out to me. Simon . This wasn't a clue , it was a cry for help.

Baz's POV

It's dark all around but the fire's working , I try pushing a little deeper and it turns a brighter shade of orange. I don't remember getting here but I remember being taken. I was so disoriented when I woke up , I couldn't remember anything. But now I do , I remember feeling some one - some thing creep up behind me , I turned around and there she was, just like the first time I saw her , short with long blonde hair ending just below her waist. She was staring at me with that terribly hollow look in her eyes.