Chapter 21: Life or Death

The turtles then ended up in this comic book world where the dream beavers weren't anywhere to be seen.

"What? Where are we?" Raph wondered.

"Phew! Back in the real world at last!" Mikey cheered.

"This looks real to you?" Donnie asked.

"More or less. Except for those guys," Mikey answered.

The Dream Beavers were on the rooftops, staring at the turtles and laughing evilly.

"I spy with my little eye, something green!" Dave replied.

"SHUT UP DAVE!" the other beavers snapped.

"Destroy them!" Dire Beaver shouted.

The beavers tackled the brothers out of the comic book world and ended up fighting upside down in his pipe-filled area. Each turtle fought the beaver that haunted their dream. They were punched through Dimension X, the sewers, TCRI, then finally a meat locker where there were shells hanging like meat. Then all four, with only their heads sticking out of their shells, ended up on a conveyor belt heading for a hot pot with other shells falling in. The beavers cackled while the turtles screamed.

Back at the farmhouse

April started slapping Donnie's face and Jamie tried giving CPR to Raph while Casey walked into the living room.

"You said that wouldn't work," he said to April.

"We don't know what else to do! We can barely find their pulses anymore," she answered.

"If we can't wake them up, they won't make it!" Jamie replied fearfully.

Casey dragged Bernie into the room. He gasped in surprise.

"Oh, my gosh! Is that TV set an Astroview?" he asked.

"Really? Not, 'Oh my gosh, giant turtles'?" April wondered.

"You see them too?" Bernie said.

"He's nuttier than you guys described," Jamie commented.

"Bernie! The Dream Beavers are sucking out their life force! How can we wake them up?" Casey yelled, grabbing Bernie by his shirt collar.

"You can't. The Obturaculum keeps the beavers trapped in the dream realm, and as long as they're there, their dream powers are unbeatable. That's why I don't sleep! Got any coffee, by the way?" Bernie explained.

"He's not breathing. Donnie's not breathing!" April shouted.

"Neither is Raph!" Jamie said in full panic mode.

Casey let him go and lifted the book with the device inside.

"So this is what keeps them in the dream realm?" Casey asked.

"Yeah! Wait, what are you-- No!" Bernie answered then Casey smashed the device.

Dream Realm

The turtles were about to be cooked for dinner when the area started to crackle with lightning.

"What's this?" Dire asked.

"The barrier is broken!" Dark shouted.

"We are free! Free!" Dread cheered.

One by one, the turtles disappeared and woke up back in the farmhouse.

At the farmhouse

"You're okay!" April and Jamie smiled.

April kissed Donnie's cheek and he chuckled dreamily in response. Jamie kissed Raph's cheek and sobbed into his shoulder. He was shocked for a minute, but hugged her, rubbing circles on her back.

"I'm so glad you're okay," she cried.

"It's okay, Jamie. I'm here," Raph comforted.

"The Obturaculum is broken! The beavers are free! Free to destroy our world! All is lost! All is--" Bernie freaked out.

A little purple tornado came with evil laughter echoing. But what came next wasn't what anyone expected.

"Wait a second," Dire said.

They were now the size of regular beavers and their voices weren't as sinister.

"Aw, dang," Dire frowned.

Jamie giggled at how cute the beavers were in reality.

"Hi, Dave," Mikey waved.

"Hi, Mikey!" Dave did the same.

"Shut up, Dave!" the other beavers exclaimed.

"This is it?! This is what I've been protecting the Earth from for 40 years?! Plush toys?!" Bernie shouted.

"If I were you guys, I'd be--," Casey replied.

"Leaving. My thoughts exactly. Come, beavers! Let us leave this world for one that is--" Dire answered then spoke dramatically.

Casey lightly nudged the beaver with his bat.

"All right, we're going. Big bully," he muttered.

The beavers disappeared in another little purple tornado.

"April, Casey, Jamie, giant talking Turtles, I've been awake for 40 years for no good reason. So if you'll excuse me," Bernie yawned then dropped, dead asleep.

"Well, who wants to help me carry him back home?" Casey asked.

Donnie volunteered and they carried Bernie out of the house.

"I know that was terrifying and we nearly bought it and everything, but my leg really feels a lot better," Leo said, gently lifting his leg and bending it.

"See! I told you some rest would help," Raph lightly punched his arm.

"I'm just glad you guys are okay," Jamie sighed, resting her head on Raph's shoulder and hugging his arm, then added, "Did the beavers look like that in the dream realm?"

"Not entirely. They were bigger and more terrifying. Well, the only difference for Dave was the height. He was actually the least scary out of all of them," Raph explained.

Jamie laughed at that and hugged Raph again.

"Wait a second. Did April kiss me a while back?" Donnie smiled as he and Casey took Bernie home.

"Dream on, Donnie. Dream on," Casey sighed, wishing it wasn't true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Episode 5 is done! More to come! Lol!