Chapter 27: Time to Take Him On

Everyone was ready for the mission. Jamie rode in the passenger seat with Casey just in case they started swerving out of control. The others were in the hippie van.

"All right? We got the plan down, right?" Leo asked through his phone.

"As long as you can keep up in that thing!" Casey smirked.

He sped up as they looked. Then after a while, Dr. Cluckingsworth started tapping wildly in the keyboard.

"What's wrong, doc?" Jamie asked.

The words SPEED DEMON APPROACHING appeared on the screen in front of Casey. That's when they noticed the maroon car speeding up, getting closer and closer.

"Guys, look out! Here he comes!" Casey warned.

"Roger that, Casey! And remember, stick to the plan!" Donnie responded.

The car was coming their way as they were starting a collision course.

"Ow-ow-owoooo!" the mutant cheered.

"So ya wanna play chicken, eh?!" Casey yelled, the chicken clucked, and he added, "Sorry, doc."

The cars got closer and closer to each other.

"CASEY?!" Jamie screamed, panicking.

At the last second, Casey got out of the way and it zoomed past the hippie van. Casey turned around and he, Jamie, and Dr. Cluckingsworth went after the car. The others followed behind as close as they could.

"He's doing it again! He's ditching us!" Raph yelled.

"Nope, this time it's all part of the plan," Donnie smirked.

Casey sped up to the car as the other driver noticed what was going on. Jamie used her powers to ram the car a little.

"Huh? Bah! I'm gonna splatter you across the road! I'll grind ya in my grill like the bugs you are!" the mutant cackled.

He rammed into Casey and the others continually. They spun out of control until Jamie stopped it in time. She was breathing rapidly.

"J, you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah...I just...need to catch...my breath," she panted.

"Okay. You wanna stick around or go in the van?" Casey wondered.

"I'm...good here. Let's go," Jamie breathed.

Casey smirked, started the engine, and caught up to Speed Demon.

"This'll slow ya down, freak!" Casey yelled, pressing a button.

It launched a rocket and exploded right in front of Speed Demon. He screamed as he skidded across the road and stopped then restarted the car. The hippie van caught up and once they were beside it, Donnie jumped on the car. He screamed as the car tried to throw him off; he didn't let go though. When he got to the driver door, he reached in and yanked the driver out. They leapt off the car as it crashed into a tree. The driver squealed after he landed. Donnie groaned from the impact.

"Casey, Jamie, we got him!" Donnie cheered.

"That'll show ya not to mess with Casey Jones!" Casey bragged.

"Way to go guys!" Jamie replied.

"Not so tough without your car, huh?" Donnie smirked, but then noticed the driver was just a normal guy.

"Where am I? What happened? What are you?!" the guy asked fearfully once he saw Donnie.

"You're not a mutant?" Donnie said, confused, then the guy fainted.

"Uhh. Well, if he's not the mutant, that must mean the--" Donnie realized.

The car was now behind him. He turned around and it roared, then ate him. He started absorbing his energy and a repulsive version of Donnie burst through the roof of the car, cackling like a maniac.

"More mutant power! That's what I'm talking about! Ya like that? Yeah? Well, it's all me, baby!" he shouted.

He spun in circles, using the now bō staff-style gear shift. His laughter echoed as it headed for Casey and the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Donnie has been captured, so now we have two things we need to take care of.