Chapter 58: Dimension X and Trouble for the Mutanimals

The turtles were sucked into the portal until finally they made it to Dimension X; they were just upside down.

"Okay. Welcome back to Dimension," Leo said.

When they realized they were, they were turned right side up.

"Phew. Well, that's 23% better," Donnie remarked.

"And I got a way of making it a thousand times better. Booyakasha!" Mikey replied cheerfully.

He threw a smoke bomb down as the others groaned, "Mikey!"

When they looked back up toward him, he was dressed the same way he was when they went to Dimension X before.

"Savage Mikey of Dimension X returns!" Mikey exclaimed.

"Again with the costumes?!" Raph yelled.

"Let's just go with it," Leo whispered, cleared his throat, then replied, "Great, 'Savage Mikey,' so, uh, where do you think the Kraang are keeping all those mutated humans?"

"Hold on. I can sense them close by with my organic antenna. Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa. Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa. Wah, beep, beep," Mikey answered also making random noises, then pointed out, "That way!"

"You heard the man, Donnie. Full speed ahead! Hiya!" Raph commanded.

Back at TCRI, the Mutanimals continued to fight off the Kraang.

"We gotta keep that portal open for the sake of the city!" Slash said.

"It's impossible! They just keep coming! And we're getting low on sourdough!" Pete screamed.

Then the doors opened to reveal Ms. Campbell with two Biodroids by her side.

"Biodroids. Irmabots," she summoned.

"We are in a staggeringly phenomenal amount of danger," Rockwell replied.

"Destroy the mutants!" Ms. Campbell ordered, getting her pink whip out.

"Mutanimals, don't let 'em near Rockwell!" Slash commanded.

They all charged at each other until Pete got tackled by the Irmabots.

"Aah! Help, fellas!" he screamed.

Ms. Campbell made it up to Rockwell and smacked his helmet off.

"My psychic amplifier!" Rockwell exclaimed.

Back in Dimension X, the turtles continued looking for the Kraang-turned humans, but with no luck.

"So where are all the people? Feels like we've been searching forever," Leo said.

"You got any idea where we're going, Mikey, for real?" Raph asked.

"Of course I do, dude!" Mikey answered confidently.

That is until a Kraathatrogon started coming at them and roaring.

"But there are always surprises along the way," Mikey chuckled nervously.

"It's a Kraathatrogon! Man the defenses!" Donnie commanded.

Raph started launching the garbage balls at it, two hitting its face. The Kraang worm charged again and Raph jumped out of the way as it went through the balloon and popped it. They all screamed and held on tight as the blimp flew out of control and started deflating. They crashed onto one of the islands and they all were slung out of the basket of the blimp.

"Uh, I think I broke my brain," Mikey whined.

"Ha, what brain? I'm takin' this freaky space worm down myself! Whoa!" Raph smirked with sais at the ready.

The Kraathatrogon snuck up behind him and smacked him over the edge. Donnie went to check on him, but Raph ended up landing on Leo. They groaned in pain. Then Donnie was caught by surprise when the Kraang worm flew real close to him.

"I got this, D!" Mikey assured.

He leapt onto the crystal structures and grabbed a regular-sized worm. He squeezed it, making it spit a line and it attached to the butt-face of the Kraathatrogon. He flipped, grabbed some Kraang crystals, and threw them at the worm's butt-face. They hit and it squealed as it flew away.

"FYI, guys, Kraang worms' weak spot are their butt faces. Got that?" Mikey replied.

"Guys, look!" Donnie remarked.

Leo pulled out his telescope to see the Kraang-turned New Yorkers.

"This just keeps getting worse and worse and worse," he said.

"Let me guess. The humans that got Kraangatized have been turned into servants and are mining energy crystals for the Kraang," Mikey replied smoothly.

"Mikey, you never cease to amaze me," Leo confessed.

"I'm sweet like that, dude," Mikey said like it was obvious.

"So we figure out a way to turn the humans back," Raph started.

"And then the Mutanimals figure out a way to bring us all home," Donnie finished.

"It doesn't seem possible," Leo admitted.

"Dude, it's the Mighty Mutanimals, the operative word being 'mighty.' They got it all under control!" Mikey assured confidently.

But he didn't know the trouble their friends were in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N The turtles are trying to figure out how to get the Kraang-turned humans back to normal and back to New York while the Mighty Mutanimals are trying to keep the portal open. And what is Jamie planning on doing?