Ch. 12: Sisters or Not

<~Laura's POV:
I gave Rydel another hug, "It will be okay, Delly." I assure her. She was really upset.

"Thanks Laur, your such a great sister." She replies, hugging me back.

"Sister?"I question, this confused me but I liked it.

"Yeah. Your like a sister to me and then when you and Ross get married we will be sisters. Well at least sister in laws." Rydel laughed. It's crazy how fast this girl can cheer up.

I smiled, "Your a great sister too Del." I replied, "And you really think Ross and I are gonna get married?"

She nods, "You two are perfect for each other." She says.

I blush a little, "You really think so."

"Yeah." Delly sighed, "I can only dream about having a relationship like yours."

"What about Calum?" I ask.

She shrugs, "I don't think he's my true love."

"What! You were so desperate to be his girlfriend and now you don't like him anymore?" I exclaim. Wow I'm so confused my mind is wandering all over the place.

"I know. I just don't have feelings for him anymore." Rydel says with a sigh.

I cross my legs lean closed to her, "What about the baby?" I whisper. I knew Ross was listening outside the door.

"I-I might just get an abortion." She says sheepishly.

"Del, I really don't think you should but I guess it's your choice." I say a little shocked.

"Well it belongs to someone I don't love. I just don't want it." Delly sighs.

"I understand that, but is that really what you want to do?" I ask.

"I don't know." She says a tear rolls down her cheek.

"Delly-"I begin but she cuts me off.

"Laura, I'm sorry but can I be alone...please." Delly sobs turning away from me.

I was about to say no but I gave in, "Okay Del, I hope you feel better soon." I sigh and quietly leave her room. I didn't want to leave her alone but I didn't want to make her more upset.

Ross was waiting for me outside the door.

"So what did she say?" He asks curiously.

I promised Rydel that I wouldn't tell Ross and as much as I hate lying go him, Delly trusted me.

"Her friend moved away." I say but I don't think I pulled it off well. Ross eyed me suspiciously.

"Which friend?" He questions.

"Um, Emily." I say. That um totally gave it away. I don't even know if she has a friend named Emily.

"She doesn't have a friend named Emily." Ross says.

"Oh well it might have been Angel. I can't remember." I lied again. I am the worst liar ever!

"Laura I know you lying. Please tell me the truth. She's my sister, I deserve to know." Ross says. He has a point but Rydel doesn't want me to tell him and she's trusting me with my secret.

"Ross, I promised Delly that I wouldn't tell you." I sighed.

"Laur, please tell me. This is serious. Rydel can't just hide things from me." Ross says putting me under pressure.

Now I have to choose who I want to be loyal to...my boyfriend or my best friend who's like a sister to me who is trusting me with her biggest secret!

"Ross. I can't tell you. Please understand that." I say wondering what his reaction would be.

"Doesn't Delly trust me!?" Ross gasps. Now he's getting random ideas in his head.

"No! She does trust you Ross, it's just she's trying to keep you from doing something you will regret." I say quickly. I'm just inching my way to telling him.

"Laura, please tell me. Now I'm worried. I need to know." Ross urges me to tell him.

"Ross! No!" I yell at him and run away but he grabs my waist and holds onto me tightly.

"I'm not letting you go Laur, until you tell me." He says pulling me into his chest.

"Ross! Please let go! What's your problem!" I cried.

"Then tell me!" He demands. Why is he so childish.

"Fine! Rydel is pregnant and Calum is the dad!" I scream. Right away I cover my mouth and Ross lets go of me.

"What!" Ross says furiously. He marched to Rydel's door and banged on it with his fists, "Rydel! Please open the door." He shouts.

I sat on the floor, hugging my knees afraid to see what will happen next.

Rydel opens the door to face her brother, "What." She says glaring at Ross.

"Why didn't you want me to know." Ross asks as calmly as he could.

Rydel's eyes starred at me in betrayal. I felt guilt wash over me.

"You told him." She gulped.

I felt as if I could cry at any moment. "I'm sorry Delly. You trusted me and I broke that trust." I said as my voice began to fog up.

"I-I thought you were my best friend...we were sisters. I thought I could trust you! But I guess not! I hate you Laura!" Rydel shouts at me and slams the door shut.

Ross turns to me. I could tell he felt bad too.

"Laura, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." He apologized and sat down on the floor next to me.

I snuffled, "It's okay, Ross. You were gonna find out someday."

He hugged me and kisses my forehead.

"What if she never wants to be my friend again?" I ask, laying my head down on Ross' shoulder.

"Don't worry Laur, she will. She's just upset right now." Ross assures me.

"No." I sobbed, "She hates me."

"No, no she doesn't." He says.

"How do you know?"

"Because this has happened before." He tells me.

"Really?"

Ross nods.

"Hey aren't you mad at her? Aren't you going to kill Calum?" I ask.

"No. I'm not mad. But I will be having a little talk with Calum tomorrow." Ross said.

"Just please don't hurt anyone." I say and kiss his cheek.

"Don't worry babe, I won't."

--------------------------------------------
A/N: Drama! Wow! Next chapter will be up this week!

-Emma