"You make me happy."

Rey's POV

"You know your grandma told you to lock the door."

I stared at him for a second before I rolled my eyes.

"I don't have time for your smart jokes.", I mumbled and tightened my grip on the blanket.

"Are you on your period?", he asked stopping me as I attempted to walk past him and back up the stairs.

"What? No. Just because I'm angry it doesn't mean that I'm on my period.", I said annoyed.

He looked at me smiling.

"Seriously, what's wrong?", he asked and placed his hand on my arm.

I looked at it for a second, then looked back at him.

"In case you didn't notice, it's past midnight and I'm sleepy."

"Then go to bed."

"Um, you're in my house so-"

"And you can't sleep with me here or what?"

I looked up at him and sighed.

"Can you carry me like a baby?"

"Fine."

He picked me up by my sides and held me up under the bum as he started walking up the stairs.

"Why am I even up. Why are you even up."

"Because your cousin just left for college and we'll probably see her in a year."

I didn't respond because he placed me on the bed and I managed to accommodate the blanket on my body.

I closed my eyes and I could still feel Niall on my side.

"Niall?", I asked opening my eyes after I heard him taking off his shoes and jumping on the other side of the bed.

"What?", he asked as he shuffled under the covers.

"Can you please go check if I locked the door?"

"You did.", he answered.

"Please."

"You did."

"Pleaseeee."

He didn't answer.

Then ten seconds later he groaned exaggeratedly and rolled out of bed, running downstairs.

I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep when he came back, which was minutes later.

He told me that he ran by his house to pick up some clothes because he was going to spend the day here.

And I didn't answer, but I smiled to myself.

~~~~

A few hours later I awoke, not because I had enough sleep-because I couldn't fucking breathe.

"What the fuck.", I muttered rolling on my back and trying to take a deep breath.

I groaned because now I definitely had a cold. My nose was all clogged up and it was raining outside.

I looked to my right to see that Niall wasn't there. But then he entered the room, trying the laces of his sweatpants. He was wearing a white shirt.

I buried my face in the pillow, barely breathing.

"Hey.", he said and I mumbled hey back, which came out as "fhy".

"You're sick.", he observed and I replied with a very clear 'no shit Sherlock'.