"Is this a date?"

Rey's POV

"Can you climb down Katherine's window?", I asked the next morning after we both got dressed.

He shrugged. "I can try."

We both walked to her room that was now empty. It was weird without her here, I kind of missed her.

"Don't you miss her?", I asked him as he opened the window.

"A bit yeah.", he said and put one leg out the window. "See you in a few hours babe."

"A few hours?"

"Got a text from my mum telling me to get home soon because your grandma is having a barbeque in her garden at 2."

"And you're invited?"

"Not me, my mom is. I'm just invited by association."

"Alright then, uh, don't break your leg or anything."

He laughed and successfully climbed down from the window.

I returned to my room and finished my last homework for the summer, then got on Tumblr.

It was twenty to two when my grandmother stepped into my room.

"Delilah, get dressed, guests will arrive in a couple of minutes."

"Who's coming?"

"The whole neighborhood, now put something decent on and come downstairs to help me set up the garden."

"What's not decent about shorts and- nevermind."

I got dressed in a pair of jeans, some boots and a red hoodie. Grandma insisted on braiding two pigtails for me, so I ended up looking like a four year old girl.

Everyone: http://www.polyvore.com/ch_17_bbq/set?id=103199208

I helped grandma set out the tables in the back garden and arrange the decorations.

"So why have a barbeque out of a sudden? On a Friday?"

"Because I haven't had one in months, and it's a tradition for someone in the neighborhood to host a barbeque at the beginning of each month. The Horan's are up next. Now bring me the Ambrosia salad and we're done."

I did as told and soon enough, there were people I haven't even seen before filling up our garden. Chatter was everywhere, and I could see grandma advancing with some of her friends towards me, probably wanting to introduce them to me.

And by introducing I mean telling them great things about me-and there weren't much. I knew they were going to ask a lot of questions about school and even worse-boyfriends.

And what was I going to say? "Oh, I never had a boyfriend but that punk guy with piercings everywhere fingers me occasionally.

Yeah no.

My eyes scanned for someone-anyone I knew, and I almost screamed of joy when I saw Kaylee and Hannah just entering the back garden.

"HELLO!", I screamed and gracefully slid by my grandma, stumbling over to them.

"Hey Rey. It rhymes.", Hannah said.

"Hi guys. Sorry, I just needed an escape from my nan."

"Tell me about it, my mum wants me to meet this geeky dude from number 19. Ugh.", Kaylee sighed and dropped herself on one of the chairs.

My eyes darted back to the door, waiting for a certain multicolored hair boy to appear.

"So um...are the others coming?"