Chapter Five: We Didn't Know

Avery's POV

I arrived at school early, as usual. And this time Chantel showed up ten minutes after I got there. She was dying to know everything that happened between Jay and I last night.

I told her everything he said to me, except about him protecting me from things about him. She'd get too curious about it. Chantel asked if he told me if Jay was involved in The Group. I honestly told her he never mentioned anything about it and that I decided not to ask. I also excluded the fact that he took me to the lake, I broke down and he had to carry me back.

We continued to walk around the school as people filled the hallways. Eventually the bell rang and we had to go to gym. It passed by quickly and made my way to my locker. I haven't seen Jay yet.

I was just about to close my locker when someone came up right beside me. "Avery right?" It was Garret.

"Uh yeah. Garret?" I guessed and was correct.

What the hell does he want?

"We should really talk. Walk with me?" He stood up straight. I moved beside him.

"I know about you and Jay." He began, "And believe me, he's not someone you want be around."

"What do you mean." I looked up at him.

"He's a vampire Avery. Red eyes, dead, fangs, thirst for blood. All that jazz." He smirks at me.

My heart starts to race. "Your kidding, that's impossible right?" I was doing my best to stop from hyperventilating.

Garret shook his head no, just before he was snatched out of thin air and shoved in the cement wall. Someone grabbed my hand, and spoke. "Run."

Jay.

I dropped my books and ran down the halls with him and out the back door. I was utterly confused, what was real, what was a lie. We were in so much trouble. School cameras had to have taped that. Jay appeared our of no where's, and the large cracks Garret's back made into the wall. A cement wall.

Jay stopped at a fancy navy blue car. "Get in, now." I didn't hesitate.

We were now speeding out of the parking lot, and down the streets of Jasper. I was just sitting in the passenger seat in shock. I can't recall how long we drove for. But we stopped in the middle of a field. It wasn't like the one between the school and the lake, no this on was beautiful. Actually it wasn't a field at all, it's a meadow. Purple, blue, yellow, pink and white flowers were everywhere. I got out of the car first and began to walk through the vibrant colours.

"What did he tell you." Jay'a voice was deeper than normal.

I didn't turn around. "That you were a vampire." He appeared beside me and grazed his cold fingers down my sleeve covered arm.

That's why he's so cold.

"Don't be afraid, please." He was looking down at me.

I took a deep breath and hugged him, "I'll only be afraid if you try to kill me."

Jays arms wrapped around my lower back, his chin resting on the top of my head. "I wanted to tell you. But I wasn't sure how you'd react. I'm a monster."

I look at him deeply. "Your not. Your beautiful, and so kind to me. I only see good in you Jay."

"Because I don't want you to see the terrifying part of me. I can't protect you from myself." He let's go of me and begins to walk back and forth.

"I can take care of myself." I defend.

"No, you can't. Not if I lash out and try to drink your blood. I'm a thousand times stronger, faster and smarter than you." Tears dwell his eyes.

I bite my lip. He has a very good point. I'll risk it for him, I take steps towards him. "I'll take that chance."

He runs his thumb down my cheek if I were crying, but I'm not. He is. So I whip the tear that slowly runs down his cheek. Suddenly I feel heat surround me. Golden rays appear around me. Jay takes at least seven steps back from me.

I'm glowing.

"True love...." Jay looks at me in amazement. "Your her...."

I'm sparkling now.

"Your The Keeper Of Light."

******

Short chapter I know! Sorry!' So now Jay & Avery both know about each other, even though Avery has no clue what she is!

So now the story is getting interesting! And if you didn't understand the True Love part there, It means Avery loves Jay which brings out who she is. The Keeper of Light. :)

~Megan