Chapter Six: Protection

Third Person POV

Garret was compelling the students and faculty members who had witnessed the small fight just fifteen minutes ago. The crack in the wall would be difficult to hide, so he told the principle the school is just simply old and needs repairs. As he was exiting the school, a harsh shot of pain hit him in the chest.

He cried out, fell to his knees. His hands ripped the small chained necklace that was around his neck and causing the pain. A small silver circle with tiny holes punched into it. It was glowing red when he opened it in his palms.

"I knew she'd be here." He stared at it in awe.

~~

Meanwhile, in the meadow, Avery's managed to stop glowing also. Both her and Jay are in shock to this conclusion.

True love was the key to unleashing The Keeper Of Light.

"I don't understand." Avery was confused.

Jay grinned, "You love me."

She blushed. "I don't think so, none of this is making sense."

"You do. You love me." He walked closer to her, his hands reaching out for her waist. "And I love you too."

Avery gave him a gentle peck on the lips. "Now please explain to me what's going on."

"I am in The Group," His tone changed darkly, "And we've been travelling the world, searching for the next Keeper Of Light."

"So what exactly is that?" Avery interrupted.

"Solar deity, is the original name, but in modern terms it's Keeper Of Light. You are associated with light and the sun. Your stronger than a vampire or any other creature I can think of." Jay paused thinking of other information to say. "The universe balances between a light side and a dark side. Every two-thousand years new leaders or chosen by blood, or family past. You are now the leader of the light side of the universe."

Jay knew how much facts he was leaving out. "Why did you need to find me so badly?" Avery had to ask.

He didn't want to tell her, what The Group would do to her. Now that Jay knew he loved her, he couldn't let them kill her the way they had all originally planned. He had no choice but to tell her.

"Garret, is the new leader of the dark side. His fathers time is obviously done. He wants no sides, and wants all to be dark." Jay began to take steps away from Avery. "In order for this to work, someone has to kill you. Rip your heart out and burn it in a sacred bowl."

He could see the fear on Avery's eyes.

"But I'm not going to let that happen, okay? I love you, and their not going to lay a finger on you." Jay reassured her.

Avery squinted and her hands made fists. "This isn't right! Vampires, some light thing! This isn't real!" She was yelling now. "THIS ISN'T REAL!" Her hands opened, palms up, and fire sparked up. This only made Avery scream louder, thinking it would hurt.

Jay bolted, grabbed her wrists and held them up. "IT'S OKAY IT CAN'T HURT YOU." She stopped, and realized the fire didn't hurt her. At all.

"We'll get that under control." Jay released his tight grip.

~~

On the other side of Jasper, Garret was frantically trying to get a hold of Jay. All the other boys were in his truck, waiting.

"Jesus, where is he?!" Garret said to no one in particular.

"You shit head, he's with Avery. Do you realize what you told her?" Nathan blurted out.