sexist pigs and pickup lines

"I can't tell you exactly how it will end. But I can say this: when it begins, it will feel like the rain and when it ends, it will feel like the fire. And the truth is we're all beautifully mad enough to believe that maybe love was meant to save us from ourselves."
- R. M. Drake

"Wait, so you punched your principal just because he didn't allow you on the soccer team?" I asked, stunned.

"That and a few other reasons. Kentucky is one sexist pig. He believes the female population has only one job anywhere near a soccer field." Avril said, her lips along with the metal piercing pulled down in disgust.

"And what's that?"

"Cheering. When the bastard started eyeing me and suggested, and I quote, 'cheerleading should do your body more justice' I attacked him across the table itself." She lifted her fist, carelessly showing us her diced knuckles.

I whistled in admiration.

"If it weren't for my twin who dragged me away after throwing a punch himself, Kentucky would be in the hospital." Avril said without an ounce of regret.

"But you both got expelled! This will show in your records and-" Vanessa exclaimed.

"William De Barros, our father, uh, used his influence. He's kinda rich." Avril hesitated looking almost embarrassed and I notice how she doesn't say we. "Kentucky was shut up with an agreement. Our side consisted of a transfer to Silvana High and helping at the Apollo Charity House which is the reason I'm here."

"And your twin? Is he singing too?"
Vanessa asked.

Av laughed. "Johnson cannot sing. He's doing the chauffeur's job for us."

We were sitting in a cozy corner at McDonalds with our orders. I had long finished mine. Avril was explaining the reason behind her transfer. The three of us had gotten along like a house on fire fuelled with petrol. We had exchanged numbers and Van had already invited her and her twin to sit at our table in school during lunch.

"Uh, I need to pee. Be right back!" I said and scurried towards the washrooms. Just as I'd finished my business and was strolling towards our table my cellphone vibrated. I opened it to see a message from an unknown number.