conquests i

FLASHBACK #2

"Bad boys are for little girls, a woman likes a gentleman"

- TabbyMax
(Smoke And Mirrors)

"I slam my locker shut after shoving in all the membership forms for this year's dance club. Vanessa shrinks from the impact before patting my hand reassuringly,

"Relax Kia we'll find a way to rope in another eight members. I'm sure plenty of people must be interested."

I chew on my bottom lip as Principal Linden's words from our meeting echoes in my head.

If we don't manage to meet the minimum number of heads before the Club Fair then all our efforts to start a school dance club would have been in vain. We had stayed up all night building a presentation that summarised our plans for the club and everybody knows I don't sacrifice my sleep for just anything.

I open my locker to stuff my phone inside and slam it again. "You bet your ass we will."

I turn my head and my eyes wander the halls until they land on a mop of midnight black hair.

Leslie is leaning against his locker chatting with his friends. My eyes trail down in surprise when a boyish grin lights up his face. I narrow my eyes in annoyance when I remember how rudely he had blown me off.

I take in his accented figure. Flashes of yesterday burn in my head and I can distinctly remember the hard layer muscles in his body that must've taken long hours of strategic workouts in the gym. The kind that you don't just do for fun.

Hm. Interesting.

"Hi!" I chirp as I slid up to his side. "Remember me!"

Leslie fixes his gaze on me. After lazily scanning me he clucks his tongue, "No."

My fake smile drops faster than the bass boom in Pillowtalk. I ignore him and wave to his friends.

"Hi Luv with a U" I beam.

He chuckles back, "Hi Kiara." Turning to Leslie he says, "See you later Jordans. You sure you don't want me to ask someone to hitch you a ride? Tiffany would be more than happy."

I roll my eyes at her name. This was my conquest right here and until I was done showing him who's the boss I wasn't allowing any Tiffanys near him. However, before I could say something Leslie surprises me.

"Yeah I'm sure I'll manage. Just enjoy your date" He nods to him and the twins take off.

"Why, I could give you a ride" I jump at the chance. At this, he seems to remember my presence and drags his gaze back on me. There is something inexplicably raw and intimidating about his eyes. I swallow a little and I continue before he can refuse,

"Come on Torreto. You saved me from an accident yesterday I want to thank you." I pause for extra effect, "I'll even let you play your favorite boyband on my radio." I grin at him through my eyelashes.