Chapter Six

-Dean Matthews POV-

I woke up Friday morning next to my still sleeping, red headed girlfriend. I glanced at the clock and saw it was 7:42 A.M. and the bright sun coming in through the blinds had woken me up. I need to get up before she did anyway otherwise I might be late for the pack meeting.

I got up and went to the shower getting ready for the day. After I was dressed I went downstairs to get a bite to eat before I went to the 8:30 A.M. meeting. When I walked into the kitchen my mom was standing there making a piece if toast at the center counter. Instead of saying good morning or anything remotely close to that she just slid the plate with the toast on it across the counter to me and that was the only recognition I got from her.

"Thanks, Mom." I said looking at her hoping she would feel my eyes burning into her skull and answer me, but instead she just turned and started washing something in the sink then turned and placed a carrot on a cutting board, cubing it.

I sighed, "Mom, will you stop being mad at me for being a teenager please?"

She whirled around, big knife in hand pointing it at me and said, "I am not mad at you for being a teenager. You're hardly a teen anymore anyway, you'll be turning eighteen soon, you're the future alpha, you have yet to find your mate and you keep running off into the night with that girl. Do you have any idea what amount of pain you put your mate through every time you bed that red head?"

"Well, no, but I obviously haven't found my mate yet and don't even know if I can, she might not even be sixteen yet." I tell her.

"But she is, Dean." She tells me then rushed over, grasping my hands in hers, "I can feel it I know she out there. She's not far either, probably in one of the surrounding packs. I know because every time you go off with that girl, she feels the pain, and I can feel it in the air almost like its coming through in waves to me. Every, single, time."

"She's that near?" I said in a daze, more just speaking my thoughts than actually asking. Then I snapped out of it looking at the clock, "Have a meeting to attend."

"Good luck!" I hear her yell from the kitchen as I make my way down the twists of many hallways, heading in the direction of the meeting room.

What I couldn't tell though was if she was wishing me luck at the pack meeting or finding my mate. But I wasn't sure either if I believed that my mate was that close. So close she could just be in a surrounding pack.

I sat down in my designated seat for meetings then payed attention to what my father had begun to say.

"Attention, everyone. As you know we have called a meeting not because of any dire situations but because there will be some events coming up..." He said in a booming voice, but no matter how hard I tried I could not listen in one what he was telling everyone. my mind was too scattered, too preoccupied. I was too ecstatic that my mate could be just miles away from me.

Then another thought began to plague my mind. What about my girlfriend? Oh god, I slept with her last night and now I'm thinking about going out and searching the nearest packs for my mate and I have hardly even given my girlfriend a second thought.

Girlfriend. Mate. Girlfriend. Mate.

"So we...," Girlfriend. "Meeting with...," Mate. "Surrounding packs."

My head snapped up and I looked my father in the eyes as his were drawn to my sudden movement, "A meeting with the surrounding packs?"

"Yes," He said and I'm sure my eyes lit up as a started to push my chair away from the wood table, "The meeting will be in six months, I just said this Dean."

"I apologize, Father, I am not quite here today." I said bowing my head in respect as he was still the alpha.

"Apology accepted, meeting dismissed its been four hours, go have some time to yourselves." My father said and soon everyone got up to leave including me. I stood and made my way to the door.

"Dean, I'd like to have a word with you." He said calling me back into the now empty room.

He was shuffling some of the papers by the time I had made my way over to him.

"Why were you so distant and blank today?" He asked me.

"I was just tired, my apologies." I replied.

He shook his head, "No, there's more to it than that even though I can see your exhaustion."

"Mother said that I can find my mate and that she's older that sixteen." I told him, bringing my head up to look at him.

"Ah, I see, well go take a rest then come back and see how you feel I can sense your confusion over your mate and your girlfriend." He said, putting the papers in a folder.

"Thank you." Then I turned and walked out of the room heading towards my own.

I opened my door and saw that she was no longer in the room and I crashed on the window seat not being able to force myself into my own bed. And I drifted into a dream of blackness.

-.-.-

I woke up to a pain spreading across my body. I searched frantically for the attacker that was stabbing the knives into me. But there wasn't anybody standing there.

I key out a cry of pain arching my back trying to endure the massive amount of pain.

"Do you even know how much pain you put her through every time?" My moms words echoed in my head. My mate was with another man. I could feel the resistance she had towards this but if she really cared she would have stopped it.

But my mom was right I could feel her pain coming through in waves. So I ran. Or I ran as best I could in an immense amount of pain.

I stumbled outside and took more time than I would have liked to shift, but with as much pain that was already in me it took more than I thought it would.

I ran threw the woods, following the waves that kept crashing into me again and again but my wolf helped me push forward wanting to find our mate.

I opened the mind link.

"Father, I'm going to find my mate."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

So how was her mates POV? This chapter was harder for me to write because I've done, like, one other guy point of view. I did my best to make it long but I didn't want it to drag and I felt like that's what it was starting to do. I do have more of his POV that I could do and it would be in the beginning of next chapter. Anybody down for that?

Aww instead of curling up and dying he actually went to find her! I liked that a lot.

Anybody else have more requests for the book? Thanks to..

@Nutella_cupcakex for all the support!

And..

@Nicolewinters for convincing me to do his POV and giving me feedback!

So tell me what you think...

Comment

Vote

Follow

Share

Abranda