Chapter Eleven

A/N

I've made the executive decision to have Monica be seventeen from here on out. It won't actually change the story it just will help me make it flow better because I don't feel like she's too young.

---------------------------------------------

-Monica Thompson's POV-

"Monica." Dean yelled behind me. He was still back by Ms. Elum's classroom and I was already more than halfway down the hallway, "Monica, wait slow down. You don't even know where you're suppose to be leading me."

Damn. He's right.

I stop in my tracks and wait for him to catch up. When he reaches my side he just stands and looks at me and I look at him expectantly. But he just keeps staring at me his eyes scanning my face over and over again. I start tapping my foot impatiently.

"Well are you going to give me your schedule or not, so I can show you where to go?" I ask with my hand held out. He reaches around behind his back retrieving the slip of paper from his back pocket without taking his eyes off me. If it were anyone else who was looking at me like this it would be extremely creepy but because it's him, it's not.

He takes my hand with his left then looks down as he places the paper in my hand, curling my fingers around it. He doesn't let go after he's placed it securely in my hand and looks back to my face. I can't ignore the heart warming sparks shooting through my hand as he tugs me closer.

"You look really pretty today." He says, not breaking eye contact.

And I blink.

I'm brought back to reality and remember what has happened and what he's done. The spell he's put over me is shattered and I pull away.

"This is getting us nowhere." I say then look at the scrap of paper in my hand.

"It's not like your usually pretty because your always beautiful. But today it's like your eyes are full of life like the grass that grows in the spring time and your skin is glowing like the sun is buried beneath it, more so than it was last time we talked." He said stepping closer to me after I had already pulled away, causing me to take another step back and he didn't try to come closer again.

"You should be a poet." I mumbled sarcastically as I scanned the paper figuring out the quickest routes through the hallways I should show him.

"I do that, too." He said while putting his hands in his pockets.

"You write poetry?" I say skeptically with an eyebrow raised.

"Yes." He says.

"Your kidding me, right?" I say looking directly at him, "C'mon this way." I say after figuring out where to go.

"No I'm not kidding. Is that so hard to believe?" Dean asks me, walking along beside me as we head to the next destination.

"Well it's just, your a soon-to-be alpha and you're all tough all the time and have to train and learn strategies. To a lot of people it's not exactly a manly thing." I say with a shrug.

"Just because my status is to-be alpha doesn't mean I can't have my own hobbies as well. Besides isn't it manly to be admitting to it?" He says.

"Good point. It's just more unexpected than anything I guess. It seems more like a humble, sweet, nerdy guy thing. How many people actually know about this?" I say with a small smile.

He laughs, "Virtually zero. And that is so stereotypical that you would think that! Who's to say that I can be strong and protective yet sweet and smart?"