Chapter 19

I woke up and checked the time on Wes' clock which said '9'.

Wes was still asleep and I decided to lay there and admire him for a little bit. As I was admiring his features, I realized I was smiling without knowing it.

A burst of realization finally hit me. I like my best friend. All this time, I've been trying to fight these feelings that I have for him but it's impossible. You can only run so much.

You can't run from your feelings forever, sometimes you gotta fall and take the risk that someone will be there to catch you. I like Wes, and I'm not going to fight it anymore.

I climbed out of bed and walked out of the room slightly to call Syd,

One ring..
Two rings...

"Hello?" She says groggily.

"Syd? I need to talk to you. I'm tired of running away from how I feel."

"Are you okay?? Is everything alright??" She urgently questioned.

"Yeah, it's fine. I just realized something that's been a long time coming. And it's finally time to discuss it with you. Meet me at the park in 10."

I hung up, and before I left I shot Wes a text, knowing if he woke up and I wasn't there, he'd be worried.

You: hey Wes, had to leave... Something came up. Love you❤️

I went outside and walked to the park and once I was there I sat on the swing and swung.

I saw headlights approach me and knew it was syds car.

She got out and walked to me very slowly, almost like she was scared.

"Hey.." She said slowly, sitting on the swing next to me.

"Uh hi" I said nervously, tucking hair behind my ear.

"What's up Chica?" She laughed cautiously.

Before I opened my mouth to speak, I sighed and took a long pause...

"I like Wes" I blurted out, letting the million emotions get the best of me.

Liking your best friend is the hardest and easiest thing. I'm excited I finally admitted it, but scared of losing him now that I have discovered my feelings.

She looked at me for a while, no expression on her face. I got frustrated with her lack of response,

"Well?" I said aggravated.

She got up and squatted in front of me.

"I FUCKING KNEW IT THIS WHOLE GOD DAMN TIME!! I CALLED IT THE FIRST DAY YALL MET.. I TRIED TO GET YOU TO REALIZE IT SOONER.. BUT NOOOO, "NO SYD I DONT LIKE HIM LIKE THAT" BULLSHIT, I KNEW YOU DID! I FUCKING KNEW IT" she practically screamed but I could tell she was excited.

"Jesus, calm down. Damn. I needed to realize it myself without someone else TELLING me."

"Ok well what're we gonna do?? You gotta tell him!! How are you gonna do it?? Oh god.."

I cut her off,

"Shhh, were not telling anyone, just because I like him doesn't mean I'm suddenly going to go after him. Chill out."

I continued with,

"We're going back on tour in two days anyways, I have enough to worry about with your rising fame, let's just take it easy."

She looked down, smiled and put her hands up in defense,

"Ok, but don't get all sad to me if he finds someone else, with him you either gotta make a move or sit on the sidelines. Your call.."

"Ok, wanna hang? Me, you and Haley?" I asked.

"Yeah, I wanna spend time with her anyways before we leave." We agreed.

We walked back home and shortly after Haley got a ride to my house.

She walked in and there was a whole lot of tension and Sydney can't keep a secret like this from her..

"NIKKI FINALLY ADMITTED HER LOVE FOR WES" she shouted excitedly.

Haley walked over to me and pulled me into a huge hug.

"Proud of you, whatever you wanna do, I support." She said.

Just then, my phone began vibrating from my pocket.. Wes' name illuminated the screen.

"Wes?" I answered.

"Nikki, I got your text. You left your bag here, can I drop it off to you?"

Haley and Sydney knew who i was on the phone with and were eavesdropping.

"Uh you know what? I'm actually hanging out with the girls.."

I didn't finish talking because Sydney grabbed the phone out of my hand and spoke,

"Hey Wes, it's Syd. Haley and I were wondering if you actually wanted to chill with all three of us?"

I mentally facepalmed.

I couldn't hear him speaking but I heard her say,

"Ok, great. See you in 10."

She gave my phone back to me and shreaked.

"I hate you." I grunted.

"You love me and... you can't avoid him so why not get closer with him?"

I had an idea, to get back at her..

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and texted a familiar friend to Sydney.

You: hey Christian, Syd wants to know if you want to duet with her in Long Angeles? Let me know! Miss you!!

Christian😛: really? I'd love to! Let me clear it with her!! Miss you too & see you soon

A few minutes later, while i was still in the kitchen, I heard Sydney mumble..

"What the actual fuck?"

I laughed to myself and high fived myself.

I walked to the couch and asked her what happened.

"You stupid bitch, you asked Christian to duo with me??" She gave me daggers.

"Hahah Gotchu" I put my fingers near my ears and wiggled them with my tongue out.

She got up and started running at me, I ran and hid and she found me and I ran again.

I didn't hear Wes come in but I guess he arrived and Haley let him in because while Sydney had me pinned to the ground I heard his voice say lowly,

"woah!"