Chapter 7

Focus

After many more rides at Disneyland, and some deep and light talks at dinner with Ross, I went back to the resort. We entered the elevator and he pressed my floor number.

"I really liked spending the day with you, Dianna. I'm glad I'm getting to know you," Ross admitted.

I blushed very lightly and looked down. "Thanks. So, what are the plans for tomorrow?"

"Well, I think we're all going as a big group, instead of in pairs. Raini has to miss out again, though."

"Aw! Well, we miss her!"

Ross laughs. "That we do!" The elevator comes to a stop at my floor, and we begin the short walk to my hotel room. "We're meeting at eight tomorrow morning in the lobby."

There is a silent, but not awkward pause which lasts until we reach my door.

"Dianna?" Ross inquires. He rubs the back of his neck and chews on the inside of his cheek.

"Yes?"

"Would it be okay if I kissed you? O-on the cheek, at least."

"Ross... I really like you. But, I really don't wanna ruin this chance to do what I love and finally be able to help my mom out."

He looks down, disappointment crossing his face. He really wears his heart on his sleeve. "I understand, Dianna. I'll just let you go inside."

"I really do like you, and I truly want to kiss you."

Ross looks up, eyes somewhat hopeful and resembling those of a small puppy.

"So... Once." Ross's face lights up. "On the cheek."

I smile. Ross places his hand on my neck, with his thumb in front of my ear and fingers on the back of my neck, tangling in my wildly curly blonde hair. His left hand touches where my relatively wide hips meet my small waist. My heart beat picks up pace, as though I were running. My shaky hands are lost and stay at my side. His thumb on my cheek turns my face to the right. His rather soft lips meet my pale cheek and my face heats up from his radiating warmth.

Suddenly, I'm cold again. My face is still turned to the right with my eyes closed. My left hand raises to touch my cheek with just my fingertips.

A soft "Dianna" leaves Ross's lips. My eyes snap open, and I turn my head to meet his warm brown eyes.

"Thank you."

I open my mouth to say something, but nothing comes out.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he says, and his lips curve into a lopsided goofy grin. With that, Ross turns and leaves.

Me? I'm stuck frozen my my place, with my fingertips softly touching the place where his lips left warmth.

Focus, Dianna.

Focus.

-----

Just a short filler chapter with much plot advancement for you befor the California Adventure chapter! I'm so sorry for my absence! I've been too busy with schoolwork and exams and college applications! But, good news for both you and I!

I FINISHED MY COLLEGE APPLICATIONS.

So relieved!

PRAISE THE LORD.

xoxo