Chapter 8

California Adventure

After what Ross told me last night (and that cheek-kiss) Ihave to admit, I'm nervous for today. I haven't told mom yet. But, that's because she was asleep when I got into the room. And, she's still asleep now. Speaking of now, it's currently 7:30, and I'm doing my make up.

Today, I'm wearing dark wash high-waisted jeans and a cropped cream -colored sweater. I have light brown moccasins on, and  a light brown infinity scarf to match.

Like I said, I'm doing my makeup currently. I curled my long blonde eyelashes and coated them with thickening mascara. I applied foundation and a translucent powder. And, to make sure it didn't seem like I was wearing too much make up, I took a tissue and lightly rubbed my face with it to remove the excess. I dabbed on liquid blush and rubbed it in, so my cheeks were slightly rosy. Lastly, I coated my lips in lip balm and then put on a rose-colored lipstick.

I ran my curl-defining serum through my wild hair and then pulled on a light brown knit beanie. I grabbed my wallet and phone and put them in my cream-colored bag.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a banana and a yogurt, along with a plastic spoon. Looking at the clock, I noted the time was 7:50. I wrote a note saying, "I love you mom! Call me if you need anything!"

And with that, I was out the door. In the elevator, I ate my yogurt quickly, and as the doors opened, I peeled my banana. I saw a mop of bright blonde hair and knew it as Ross. I walked towards him, nerves arising.

Dianna, you need to focus on why you came here.

"Hey, Dianna!" Cam said, walking up to me with a tight hug, into which I smiled.

We walked the rest of the way to the Laura, Calum, and Ross.

"Hey, Dianna!" they all chimed. I smiled and waved to them. I was really excited for today. I heard that California Adventure has a small bread factory that they give tours and samples for, and boy, did that sound good.

I took a bite from my banana.

Laura said, "We're just waiting for Savannah!"

"Gotcha!" I replied after swallowing.

I felt someone watching me, and I turned my head to its direction. My eyes met those of Ross. He was staring at me with his lips slightly parted. His eyes quickly flashed to where he had kissed me yesterday, and then flashed back up to my eyes, his lips forming a small smile. I returned the smile and turned back to Cam, taking a bite of my banana as I felt a blush creep up on my cheeks.

"Savannah! There you are!" called Laura.

"Sorry!" Svannah was fast-walking in black heeled ankle boots. Seriously, who wears heels to an amusement park? She was wearing tan tights with small brown polka dots on it. Over the tights were high waisted shorts. on her torso was an oversized brown sweater that looked pretty comfy. Lastly, she had her thin brown hair straightened.

My next thought was that she will be absolutely freezing. "Let's go," Calum said.

I took a bite from my banana as she looked me up and down. As the group started to walk, Savannah walked up to me.

"Deep-throating a banana? Fat, broke, and a slut. Your mother raised you so well."

Savannah scoffed and strutted off.

I finished chewing and swallowed. I looked down at my moccasin-clad feet and felt my face heat up and my eyes water.

I took a deep breath, quickly blinking my eyes to rid myself of the stinging tears.