02⊙ Griffin

TWO

griffin

Hybrid of Lion and Eagle

Hermione's chest constricted as heavy thuds of her heart threatened to pull her down. A Slytherin. How could she be put in Slytherin? She probably would have had more luck if she had went up to the deputy headmistress and snatching and then stomping on the professor's pointy witch hat. The silence of the tables was foreboding, and she did not have to look towards the gryffindor table to see her new friends' disappointed faces. 

In fact, she was afraid there would be traces of disgust on her ginger friend's eyes.

The brunette witch tried desperately to breathe normally and took shaky gasps in. But when yells of rejection erupted from the slytherin tables, she visibly flinched.

"What's that? A gryffintherin?" A slytherin boy looking to be a fourth year jeered.

"The snakes, she calls us," a girl with a green necktie pointed a manicured finger accusingly at Hermione.

Murmurs of "she doesn't belong in any of the houses" rippled through the slytherin tables, and Hermione could no longer bring herself to take a step towards them.

When the hollers of the slytherin students got louder, Hermione vaguely administered Ron standing up from his table. "SHE'S YOUR HOUSEMATE!" he roared, looking more flushed as seconds ticked by.

"She's no more of a housemate than a weasel is!"

Fred and George slammed their forks down on the table, giving the fourth year boy a stiff glare, warning him. "You're right, mate," Fred said calmly as he picked up a piece of treacle tart.

"Hermione should be in Gryffindor, where she won't have to fear the risk of catching something from these wankers," George supplied, as he made a catapult with his spoon. "Don't worry, Hermione, we will save you." Then with a flick of wand from Lee, the boy who was sitting between the twins, the treacle tart Fred had quickly placed on the end of the spoon went flying to the center of the slytherin tables, magic making it impossible to remove the splatter without a magical potion concocted by the twins. Ron clapped to their display of teamwork.

Giggles from the other houses led the fourth year student to blush crimson, tips of his ears a bright pink as the remains of the tart slowly oozed down his face. One by one, the slytherin started to grab their own ammos of food.

"That is quite enough!" The shrill tone of Professor McGonagall intervened, halting a slytherin girl in a mid swing. Minerva McGonagall ordered, "all of you will go to your respective dormitories, now!"

As the rest of the students reluctantly filed out of the great hall in lines, first years curiously looking back to see how the older students would be punished, Hermione looked warily at the Weasley twins and their younger brother to the slytherin fourth year. Harry, who had stayed behind even after McGonagall's hints for him to leave, gave her a small smile that was meant to be comforting.

She could not take any comfort in his smile. Not even a hour at her new school, and she was already being hated by her new dorm mates.

"Excellent," she murmured for herself to hear.

"Now, Mr Weasley," the professor stopped for a moment and added, "all of you, while I understand your kind intentions, those actions of crude behavior was unnecessary. Your parents will be receiving a letter about this." She turned to the slytherin student, "that goes for everyone, of course."