Cast

Troy Bolton: Harry Styles, the most popular male student at East High and the captain of the varsity basketball team.

Gabriella Montez: Ariana Grande, a transfer student who joins the scholastic decathlon team and is attracted to Harry.

Chad Danforth: Ashton Irwin, Harry's best friend and member of the basketball team.

Taylor McKessie: Lauren Jauregui, captain of the school's scholastic decathlon team who shows Ariana the ropes of East High.

Sharpay Evans: Camila Cabello, an energetic and proud student with a love of theatre and being the center of attention–particularly Harry's who employs her twin brother, Liam, in her schemes.

Ryan Evans: Liam Payne, a member of the drama club who aids his twin sister, Camila, in sabotaging Ariana's relationship with Harry.

Zeke Baylor: Luke Hemmings, a member of the basketball team who enjoys baking and admires Camila.

Jack Bolton: Zayn Malik, Harry's father and the coach of the basketball team who believes that Ariana is a distraction from Harry's basketball career.

Lucille Bolton: Perrie Edwards, Harry's mother.

Kelsi Nielson: Ally Brooke Hernandez, an underappreciated pianist and composer who is initially shy and subservient to Camila.

Jason Cross: Niall Horan, a member of the basketball team who tends mundane questions in class.

Martha Cox: Dinah Jane Hansen, a peppy brainiac who enjoys hip-hop.

Ms. Darbus: Michael Clifford, a stern drama teacher who dislikes Mr. Malik, sports, and cell phones.

Ms. Teeny: Debby Ryan, a chemistry teacher at East High.

Lisa Montez: Joan Grande, Ariana and Becca's mother, whose job makes them subject to frequent relocation.

Miss Falstaff: Joyce Cohen, the librarian at East High.

Susan: Lucy Hale, a girl who unsuccessfully auditions for the winter musical.

Alan: James Maslow, a boy who unsuccessfully auditions for the winter musical.

Cyndra: Elizabeth Gillies, a girl who unsuccessfully auditions for the winter musical.

BarbaraSieger5 as Becca Grande, Ariana's sister and Joan's daughter who is the new student at East High along with her sister Ariana.