When There Was Me And You

Lauren and the academic team walked into a classroom with Ashton and the rest of the basketball team are waiting. "Hey, look. We need to talk."

"Go." Ashton said to let Lauren go on. Outside the room Camila and Liam stopped when they saw the two groups talking.

And Camila for being Camila believed something way out in the ordinary. "They must be trying to figure out a way to make sure Harry and Ariana beat us out. The jocks rule most of the school, but if they get Harry into a musical, then they've conquered the entire student body. And if those science geeks get Ariana hooked up with Harry Styles, the scholastic clubs goes from drool to cool. Liam, we need to save our show from those who don't know the difference between a Tony Award and Tony Hawk." She flicked her hair and left.

"Not a bad idea actually." Liam said to himself.

"Do you think that'll work?" Lauren asked Ashton.

"It's the only way to save Harry and Ariana from themselves." Ashton said.

"So we on?" Lauren looked at the basketball team and the academic team.

"Yeah." Ashton said for the group.

"Good. So we start tomorrow then." Lauren smirked.

"Okay. The first thing in the morning."

"Nice. Let's go."

"Cool." The plan was settled. Don't let Harry and Ariana go to the callbacks.

The next day, outside the school both Lauren and Ashton are sneaking around the campus. Ashton being Ashton wore four watches to keep track of time. "So, my watch is 7:45 Mountain Standard time. We synced?" He asked and Lauren being confused.

"Whatever." Lauren said rolling her eyes.

"Then we're on go mode for lunch, 12:05"

"Yes, Ashton, we're go. But we're not Charlie's Angels, okay?" Lauren patted Ashton's back and gave Ashton his laptop then headed off. M

"I can dream, can't I?" Ashton said to himself.

During free period, Harry and Ariana went to their calm and happy places. Harry went to the gym to meet with his team. When he walked in, he saw no one in their locker area. He walked to his and there was his team standing around a table with trophies from past seasons and some pictures of the best players. "'Spider' Bill Netrine, class of '72. He was the MVP in the league championship game." Ashton said.

"Sam Nedler, class of '02. Also known as 'Sammy Slamma Jamma.'" Luke told Harry. "Captain, MVP of the league championship." Harry is now really confused about what's happening.

"The Thunder Clap," the team clapped, not Harry. "Hap Hadden, '95. Led the Wildcats to back-to-back city championships. A legend." Niall said.

"Yes. Legends one and all. But do you think that any of these Wildcats legends became legends by getting involved in musical auditions days before the league championships?" Ashton asked referring to the callbacks. Finally, Harry caught on.

"Get your head in the game!" The team yelled.

"No. These Wildcats legends became legends be shad they never took their eyes off the prize."

"Get your head in the game!"

"Who was the first sophomore ever to make starting varsity?"

"Harry!"

"Who voted him team captain this year?"

"Us!"

"And who is going to get their butts kicked in Friday's championship game if Harry's worried about an audition?" Ashton asked the team looking at Harry.