We Can Make It Work

Now everything is back to normal, well kinda. "Nice shot captain!" Harry is back practicing basketball with his team.

"Yeah!" He shouted.

"Zn4, and by doing that, you end up with two..." Ariana trailed off. "...and two. Got it?" Ariana is back training for the scholastic decathlon with Lauren, Becca and the academic team.

"Yes!" Lauren high fives a member and looks back at Ariana smiling.
—————————————————————————

After practicing, Harry showered really quick so he wouldn't be late picking up Ariana. And his team clapped when Harry raced out knowing he's following his dreams.

"What's happening?" Someone from the academic team asked about what Ariana wants them to do.

"Come here. Go ahead and put five grams of this in, and that causes it to change from an acidic state. Causing the color to change from pink to blue. Just like those pH strips. Got it?" Ariana smiled at the team. She looked at the clock seeing she needs to meet up with Harry. "Oh, gotta go. See you guys later!" She raced out of the room and ran to the spot she's supposed to meet Harry.

Harry being the sarcastic man he is, he acted like he was waiting for Ariana like forever.

Suddenly, Ariana ran up to Harry and grabbed his hand and started dragging him. "Whoa! You're late!" Harry joked.

"Shut up! You probably been there for about a minute."

"How would you know? I might've showered earlier to smell pleasant." The duo both laughed and went to the music room to meet Ally.

"Oh, great you guys are here! I was thinking putting this in a different key." Ally started playing piano and Harry and Ariana picked up.

Ariana:

...strength to believe

Harry:

We're soarin'

Ariana:

Flyin'

Both:

There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach." They both sang together. They both smiled thinking how great the song is turning out.

Outside the halls, Camila was mumbling hers and Liam's song, Bop To The Top. Suddenly, she stopped and Liam looked at her strangely. She turned her head seeing Ariana and Harry in the music room.

Harry:

If we're tryin'

She heard Harry belt out. She gasped thinking that Lauren's and Ashton's plan would've worked but didn't. "I thought they were mad at each other. Ariana left Harry angry last week. Now they're back together?"

"They're confusing sometimes but they're awesome to hang out with."

"I have to do something. Okay, our callbacks on Thursday and the basketball game and scholastic decathlon are on Friday. Too bad all these events weren't happening on the same day... at the same time." She smirked thinking about her plan.

"Why would you want to do it? Just let them tryout. It's not going to kill you if you just tried."

"But what if Ariana actually got the part? It will be the first show I won't be a main role! You know how terrible that would be?" She ranted.

"Really bad?" Liam questioned her.

"Yeah!" With that she stormed off.

They both went into the auditorium, not seeing Ally working on Harry's and Ariana's song, and started arguing with Mr. Clifford. "I don't want to hear any more about Harry and that Grande girl. So, if you're telling me as co-presidents of the drama club that changing the callbacks would be what's best for our theater program, I might actually agree with you." Mr. Clifford said making Ally look up. Camila cheered silently and ran out the door. Liam looked over seeing Ally who is confused. He mouthed 'sorry' to her then she caught on. She sighed and gave up on the music arrangements and shut the piano light.
—————————————————————————

The next day, Ally was standing where the callback list was waiting for Harry and Ariana. Suddenly, Harry, Ariana, Becca and their groups came into the school. "No problem at all. It was crazy, man." Ashton said to Harry about hanging out. When Harry looked forward, he saw Ally staring at something. Wondering what she's looking at, he saw the callback sheet.

"Callbacks the same time as the game?!" He exclaimed.

"And the scholastic decathlon." Ariana said looking at the sheet.

"Why would they do that?" Lauren asked but Ariana shrugged.

"I don't know." Becca said. She was just as confused as Lauren is.

"I smell a rat named Clifford." Ashton said.

"Actually, I smell two rats," Ally said. "And neither one of them are named Clifford."

"Do you know something about this." Ashton looked down at Ally. "Small person?" Ashton asked.

"Mr. Clifford think he's protecting the show, but Camila is only concerned with protecting herself." Ally stopped at Harry and Ariana.

"Is it because I misplaced my footing in the cafeteria or got the callbacks." Ariana asked.

"Probably both." Harry said which made Ariana sigh.

"Wait that was you?" Ashton asked. Ariana nodded. "Do you know what I'll do to that show dog?"

"Nothing. We're not going to do anything to them. Except to sing, maybe. Now this is only going to happen if we all work together. Now who's in?" Harry pulled out his hand. Everyone looked around wondering who will be the first to join in. Ariana smiled at reached for Harry's free hand and smiled. Then more people joined.

"You know I'm in." Ashton commented.

"Me too." Becca said.