Chapter 9 - Ending The First Day

That night, the troops were called to form up of in the field. As the cadets finished falling in formation, they all brought their hands to their chest into a position of attention. Erwin walked in front of the formation with Levi, Hanji and Alice followed behind them. The cadets slowly and softly murmured about the girl who they didn't know who wore a hood. Erwin's voice quickly silenced the mass of people as his voice had a loud booming effect in the outside air.

"Listen up! Coming to lend the Scout Regiment her intelligence and power with our cause is a friend from the Undergrounds. She is on par with many of you with the skillset of 3DM Gear and her logical thinking if beyond the expectations of most." His voice died and some wondered if she were to be a cadet or leader. Alice stepped forward and pulled down her hood, exposing her bright red hair to the sun as it began to lower.

"For those wondering, I will not be joining the Scouts as your newest cadet, nor do I wish to. I am here by my own request and I happen to have old friends on campus, so consider this an extended visit. I have no intentions of staying permanently." Her small body and loud voice surprised many people, not to mention her hair color. Alice had already made an image for herself, some people immediately admired her, some already hated her. Some thought that she was a strong individual who came just for the sake of mankind, and others thought she would be a stuck up girl who thinks she can do anything she wanted just cause she came from the Underground. Who she really was, was not known to them, not yet anyways.

Soon, they would know what made her tick, how to make her angry, how to get on her good side, what she liked, what she hated, what her skillset was, what she excelled at and what she lacked. They'd soon know that she was a great cook, but was seriously lousy as sewing. How she loved sweets and hated bitter things, and the only bitter thing she enjoyed was a nice warm cup of Earl Grey Tea. They'd learn how she was actually very clumsy and actually shy, rather than a composed social butterfly. They'd find out very soon that she cared about all of them as her extended family and would do anything to keep them safe.

"You are all dismissed, fall out and grab your food in the Mess." Erwin dismissed the large crowd and soon they downgraded from a uniformed formation to a chaotic gaggle. Alice laughed at the quick transformation as a certain boy from earlier approached her, smirking the entire way. She placed her hands on her hips and walked towards him as well, meeting him halfway.

"Who knew you were holding out on me for so long little miss Alice." Jean reached her and took a small piece of her hair, flicking it at her face. She sighed as she shrugged.

"If a little bit of hair is all it takes to impress you, I'm scared for what your future holds in store. But, I guess one can hope for a brighter future, should you wish hard enough you annoy the gods." Alice placed her hands behind her head as she stepped around Jean and he chased after her and the two had their small petty argument until they got into the mess hall. Levi watched them closely as he somewhat glared at Jean, of course, who wouldn't, it's Jean afterall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, Alice had thought that perhaps she would be staying in the girls dorm, or something close to a guest facility, but she surprisingly wasn't.

In the mess that night, Alice followed around Jean, as he was the only person she officially knew besides Eren and Levi, but she didn't wanna sit with Levi as a big head table, and Eren was nowhere in sight, so Jean was her last resort, not to mention, they were arguing the entire time so it only seemed fitting enough. Grabbing her small portions of food, she went and found where Jean was and joined his table. Sitting around him were some interesting folks to say the least, at least, in Alice's eyes.

Alice sat between two men, one being Jean, and the other being a freckle faced cadet named Marco. On the other side of Jean, was a small boy with barely excessively short hair whose name was Connie. On the other side of the table was a blonde haired boy named Armin who was too shy and nervous for words. Beside him was Eren, and next to him was a woman who held a serious demeanor and short black hair. She was Mikasa, and finally next to Mikasa was the food loving girl with long brown hair known simply as Sasha.

 Alice fit right in pretty quickly with the group of cadets

Alice fit right in pretty quickly with the group of cadets. She was the only one not in uniform, but she didn't mind. The meal went by with her chatting with Armin and Mikasa and getting occasional bickering words directed to or from Jean.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Their meal had ended faster than Alice had expected. She waved off to her newly found friends and Jean as she walked off. It wasn't too long however, before she was utterly lost, but could you blame her? When the layout of a specific area is the same no matter which way you turn and it all looks identical, it's not hard to get lost, especially if your new. Thankfully it wasn't a long sense of dread as she kept wandering and soon ran into Levi. She sighed in relief as he walked towards her, stopping a few feet in front of the shorter red-head. He looked down to her, confused on what she was doing.

"Don't go wandering around when you don't know where you're at or where you might be going you idiot." Alice rubbed her neck, grinning as he continued. "You'll be rooming with me as your my guest, so like it or not, you're stuck with me." Alice chuckled as she began to overreact her 'death' by staying with Levi. Levi quickly rapped her on the forehead, stopping her and turned his back. He began to walk off, looking over his shoulder and jerking it head forward, signaling her to follow after him. She grinned as she ran to catch up to him, walking behind him to follow him.

It wasn't too long before they arrived at Levi's office, which was a direct connection to his personal quarters. Unlocking the door he steps inside, followed by Alice who shut the door behind them.

"Lock the door behind you. I hate it when the Titan Freak busts in her without my notice, the lock will at least slow her advance down." Alice chuckled at the mental image of Hanji banging at his door, whining to be let in and resorting to picking the lock. She securely fastened the lock on the door as Levi went and sat at his desk lined with paperwork. Alice sat across from him in an extra chair as she brought her feet up. They rested on the base of the cushion as she hugged her knees.

The room was silent. Nothing but the sound of a ticking clock and the scribbling of Levi's pen on the parchment of many papers that seemed to never end. It wasn't long before Alice began to slowly sink her head into the folds of her arms and knees with the small sounds luring her to sleep.

Once Levi took notice of the slightly breathing mixed in with the silent air, he stopped writing and looked up to see Alice sleeping, curled up in the chair. He quietly stood up and walked around his desk to stand before the special crimsonette. He brushed his fingertips through the bangs that covered her face and muttered something, knowing she was an extremely heavy sleeper.

"You know, when I saw you standing in your home today, older and still alive, I really was happy. I'm sure Isabel and Farlan would've felt the same way if they were still here, don't you think Alice?" He moved his hand to remove her legs from her arms as he slowly began to lift her out of the chair. He was surprised on how light she was as he carried her to his room, laying her on his bed. He refused to change her clothes by himself, so she'd have to deal with it for the night, he only removed her boots from her feet.

He left the girl laying on his bed as he went back to his office, sitting once again at his desk. A bit more paperwork to complete wouldn't be so bad. After all, the lucky Captain would be sleeping besides a red haired beauty tonight.