Chapter 7: An Old Friend

[(A/N): Hey guys! For this chapter you'll have to look up some Grimm if you don't know the names of them. Anywho, Enjoy!]

[(Y/N)'s POV]

Me: "I'm just saying, the White Fang need a new leader."

Scarlet: "You honestly think that would change things?"

Me: "Yeah. I met the guy once, he was a total asshole."

Alex: "I remember the peaceful rallys they used to have, no one got hurt."

Me: "Exactly, and that changed after he took over."

Jill: "Can we... Please talk about something else..."

Me: "Yeah you're right, we should probably focus anyway."

I slashed the charging Ursa in half and continued my assault on the Grimm wave. Currently we were in the Emerald Forest. Since I'm not allowed to spar with people, we decided to come out here and practice.

Alex: "Reaper, duck."

I did as he said and his sword went right over my head slicing a leaping Beowulf. I pulled out a throwing knife and threw it into a Creep that was sneaking up on Jill who was fighting an Ursa. Soon we killed off the wave of Grimm. I cracked my neck a few times.

Me: "That was a nice warm up, I was kinda hoping to see a King Taijitu up close."

Jill: "I hate those things..."

Scarlet: "Jill are you scared of snakes?"

Jill: "No...."

Me: "Oh come on. It's alright to be afraid of things. Anyway, let's head ba-"

Suddenly we heard a heavy thumping noise. It sounded like something running at us.

Me: "Guys get ready."

We faced the direction of the sound.

Scarlet: "It could be a DeathStalker."

Me: "No. There's too few legs. It sounds as if it's on all fours."

Alex: "So a Beowulf? Or a Boarbatusk?"

Me: "No way. Not even alphas are that heavy."

Jill: "Then what-"

Suddenly a large ape like Grimm crashes through the tree line.

Scarlet: "Is that a Beringel?!"

Me: "Aren't those only in Haven?"

Alex: "That's what the books say."

We all dodged as it charged and smashed the ground where we were standing.

Me: "Maybe we shouldn't hold conversations while fighting..."

I charged forward and slashed at the ape, it jumped backwards and stared at me.

Me: "Oh? Not so mindless as the other Grimm, huh?"

We began circling each other, I held my sword out, pointing it towards it.

Me: "Guess I spoke too soon."

Scarlet suddenly hopped on its back and stabbed it in between the shoulder blade, she then pulled the trigger making ice expand in the wound. She jumped off the ape as it thrashed around with its useless arm.

Me: "Nice strike Scarlet."

Scarlet: "Would you expect any less?"

I smirked.