Chapter 8: Grim Rose

[(A/N): Hey guys! Like always I have this entire story planned out in my head I just have to work out the finer details and make sure I don't rush to the end. Anywho, enjoy!]

[(Y/N)'s POV]

I whistled a tune as I walked down the hall of the dormitory. Today was Saturday so there weren't any classes, Scarlet and Jill went shopping, and Alex said something about going to visit his parents, leaving me to my own devices for the day.

Me: 'Sad to say but I actually kinda miss having my team around, guess I've grown fond of them.... Well besides Scarlet.'

As I walked I suddenly heard a door open behind me and a voice call me.

Ruby: "Hey! (Y/N)!"

I turned around to see Ruby in what seemed to be her pajamas.

Me: "Hm? Oh, hi Ruby. What's up?"

Ruby: "What are you up to?"

Me: "Nothing really, the rest of my team is out for the day so I was just-"

She suddenly got a gleam in her eye as she slammed the door and disappeared inside. I raised my brow and started to turn away.

Me: 'What the hell was that about?'

Then the door opened once more and revealed Ruby in her usual attire.

Ruby: "Why don't we go somewhere?"

I could hear the eagerness in her voice.

Me: "Uh... Sure. You wanna go get your team?"

Ruby: "Uh... Well..."

She pressed her two index fingers together, and avoided looking directly at me.

Ruby: "I was kinda... Hoping it would just be you and me."

She said the last part really fast.

Me: "You actually trust me enough to be alone with you? Brave girl."

Ruby: "You don't seem that bad..."

I chuckled,

Me: "Alright let's go. Got any idea what you want to do?"

Ruby; "Yup!"

[Time Skip, To Vale]

Once we got off the airship Ruby grabbed my hand and practically started dragging me in the direction she wanted to go.

Me: "So why won't you tell me where we're going?"

Ruby: "Because it's a surprise!"

Me: "Being me, I don't exactly like surprises."

Ruby: "It'll be great, trust me."

I chuckled.

Me: 'Trusting people isn't exactly my strong suit.'

Me; "Alright, alright. Just try not to rip my arm off."

After a bit more walking we reached a rather nice park. I instantly realized why Ruby wanted to come here, seeing as there were red rose bushes absolutely everywhere. We began walking for a while, taking in the scenery. I had to admit, it was quite peaceful and serine. I then realized something, I looked down at Ruby.