Chapter 9: Light and Dark

[(A/N): Hey guys! Unfortunately I couldn't get the video to work on this chapter, so you'll have to look it up, it's "[RWBY] Mirror Mirror - Piano Arrangement" sorry for the inconvenience.]

I quietly walked down the halls of the dormitory. Once more my team was out doing their own thing. Alex went to go see his family, and I don't even know what Jill and Scarlet are doing. As I wondered what to do I remembered something. I remembered seeing a piano in the music room, over in the main building. I walked over to the main building and went straight to the music room. Once there I had to pick the lock with one of my knives, which wasn't that hard of a task for me. I walked in and got to the piano, I smiled as I sat down and adjusted the seat to be comfortable. I pulled up the fall-board and pressed a few keys. It had been a long while since I had been able to sit down and play the piano, so I decided to go wth something a little slower at the start.

[(A/N): Play Song. Wait for the End]

As my finger hit the last key I gave a content sigh. The sound of a piano was always soothing to me for some reason, it let me relax.

Me: "Enjoy the show, Schnee?"

I looked to the doorway to see Weiss standing there looking at me in awe.

Weiss: "I... Uh..."

Me: "Aren't you rich girls supposed to be refined? Between you and Scarlet I'm not seeing it."

I smirked and stood up, returning the fall-board to its original position. Weiss shook her head, as if to snap herself out of something.

Weiss: "Ozpin wants to see you and me. He says its for a mission."

Me: "Fun."

[Time Skip, Ozpin's Tower]

Weiss and I stood in front of Ozpin's desk. Weiss stood up straight, composed and polite, While I stood there with a bored look on my face as Ozpin explained the mission.

Ozpin: "There have been a number of disappearances in one of the villages outside of Vale, the people of the village say it can't be Grimm but I suspect otherwise. I want you two to go and exterminate the Grimm and stick around for a day or two."

Me: "That's it? Really? Couldn't send someone else?"

Ozpin: "I'm afraid not. I fear if I send a full team it would draw to much attention to the village, that would be bad if this is not a series of Grimm attacks. But I can't send just one student."

Me: "Yeah, but why Schnee and I? We've never even worked together."

Ozpin: "I believe Miss. Schnee's high moral standing and your raw power would make a fairly even team for this mission."

I sighed.

Me: "Alright, alright... DarkPrince is running out of excuses anyway."

Weiss: "When do we leave, headmaster?"

Ozpin: "Tomorrow morning at six am, I suggest you get some rest."

We walked to the elevator and entered, then began descending the tower.

Weiss: "So... You play the piano?"

Me: "In my free time I guess. It's been awhile though."

There was a few moments of silence until I decided to break it.

Me: "Do you play an instrument?"

Weiss: "I used to sing a little... But I haven't done that since I've come to Beacon."

Me: "Hm, maybe I can hear it some time. After all, you've heard me play."