Chapter 11: Investigation

[Time Skip, Three Weeks]

I sat at my desk as I loaded my new revolver/sword. Alex was sharpening his sword and Scarlet was loading in a new canister of compressed dust into her wasp knife. Tonight was the night we were finally going out to investigate the White Fang activity with Roman. At the moment Jill was investigating something she wanted to check out on her own, so we decided to get ready while we waited for her.

Scarlet: "So what happens if we catch Torchwick?"

Me: "I suppose we turn him over to the police."

Alex: "Are you really okay with that?"

Me: "Of course. We used to be best friends, but even so you have to accept the consequences for your actions when your caught."

Scarlet: "That's rich coming from you."

Me: "Hence why I never got caught."

The door suddenly opened and in walked Jill.

Me: "Find what you were looking for?"

Jill: "Yeah. There's a White Fang rally tonight."

Me: "Sounds like that could be a good start, but I doubt they'll let humans just walk in there."

Scarlet: "So that means..."

Me: "Jill would have to go in alone. Think you'd be okay doing that?"

Jill thought for a moment then nodded.

Me: "Don't worry, I'll stick around just in case something goes wrong. I'll stay out of sight."

Scarlet: "Alex and I will be heading to one of my old family friend's house. They work for the police as an investigator so he could have a lead on Roman."

Me: "Alright, be sure to keep your scrolls handy just in case."

Scarlet: "Right."

Me: "Well, if everyone's ready, let's get this thing started."

[Time Skip, To Vale]

I watched from a rooftop as Jill approached the White Fang that guarded the door to the warehouse the meeting was in. She was handed a mask and motioned to go inside. Once she was in I looked around. I noticed a sky light window on the roof of the warehouse and smiled.

Me: 'Way too easy.'

I hopped off the roof and snuck over to the side of the building. I then dispersed into smoke and went up the wall, reforming on the roof. I made my way over to the sky light and slowly opened the window so I could hear what was going on. I saw that Roman was there on the stage giving a speech. He gave a speech that spoke of taking down those in power, military, government, even the academies. Suddenly the sheet behind him fell, revealing an Atlas Palidin, the newest model. I quickly pulled out my scroll and took a picture of it. After a bit more of a speech new White Fang recruits were told to move to the front, towards the stage.

Me: 'Oh shit. I hope Jill thinks of a way out otherwise-'

Suddenly there was a gunshot and the lights went out.

Me: "What the hell?"

I heard a window smash so I rushed to the side of the building and saw Blake and the blonde monkey faunas from three weeks ago run from the building.

Me: "Looks like they had the same idea as us."

Suddenly the Atlas paladin crashed through the wall and ran after Blake and her friend. Jill came running out of the hole and started to follow after them. I hopped down from the roof and started to run after them only to be stopped by a small girl with pink and brown hair, matching eyes, and holding an umbrella. I raised my brow to her.