Chapter 10: Black Blood

[Time Skip, One Week. Scarlet's POV]

I sighed as I copied yet another set of notes for our missing leader. He was only supposed to be gone a few days, but it's been a week. Ozpin said he had lost contact with Weiss and (Y/N) the day after they arrived at the area. The entire team has been stressed, training isn't the same without his random conversations and taunts, and without him barking orders and deciding whether to go defensive or offensive we've been getting sloppy.

Jill: "Hey Scarlet?"

Me: "Hm?"

I continued to copy down the notes, leaving side notes for him. He truly was a terrible student, he couldn't pay attention, he barely understands anything that doesn't have to do with fighting, and he never tries.

Jill: "Do you think (Y/N) is..."

Scarlet: "Is what?"

Jill: "Dead."

I accidentally snapped the pencil I was using. At the thought of him dying my body jumped.

Scarlet: "N-No. Of course not. After all, he's not allowed to die until I kick his ass."

I took a deep breath and grabbed another pencil.

Jill: "But it's been a week... And they've had no contact with Ozpin, maybe he-"

Scarlet: "He's not dead Jill!... He's not. He's not allowed to die yet, and if he's going to die he damn well crawl his ass back here so I can kill him."

I rested my head in my hands and sighed.

Scarlet: "I'm sorry Jill... We've all just been stressed out."

Jill: "I know..."

I set my pencil down and got up. I walked over to my bed and sat down, while Jill sat on hers which was right next to mine. Jill stared at the floor, her ears drooping. I put a hand on her shoulder and looked at her.

Me: "Hey, you know he's too much of a stubborn jackass to die."

Jill looked up at me and nodded. Suddenly Alex bursted through the door panting.

Alex: "(Y-Y/N)'s... Bullhead... Almost... Here."

Without another thought we ran outside to the landing pad. We saw Team RWBY waiting as well. As soon as the bullhead touched down we began walking forward. The door opened and we saw (Y/N) step off... Only he was carrying Weiss piggyback style and was dripping blood from his head and torso. As he saw us he gave us a grin then nodded as if to say hello.

(Y/N): "Aw, you guys waiting for little ol' me?"

Once he got close to he handed Weiss over to Team RWBY, she looked completely fine besides a small tear in her dress.

Alex: "(Y/N) you look terrible!"

He chuckled.

(Y/N): "You should see the other guy."

Me: "What the hell happened to you?"

(Y/N): "I'll tell you about it while you're patching me up."

Me: "You're a god damn idiot, you know that?"

[Time Skip, Dorm Room, (Y/N)'s POV]

Scarlet: "So tell us what happened exactly?"

Scarlet was currently healing the gash on my head.

Me: "Well, it turned out that it wasn't Grimm attacking the village. It was White Fang, they were kidnapping people for some reason. We weren't able to figure it out, but we did grab some files that we handed over to Ozpin."