Chapter 2: In which our hero is introduced, in an unhero-like way

Jacob's mother fell down the stairs when she was 7 months pregnant with him. In the 8,000 out of the infinite universes in which he "existed", he survived. In only 4 of those was he born unharmed. 2 of those 4 he had gained a certain mental advantage, consider it like that one kid in class who is ridiculously smart and nobody knows why. our Jacob was not one of those two, he wasn't even one of the four. His brain had been affected so that while he could hear, feel, smell, see, and taste, he could not communicate. And before you think that maybe he could just write or something, It's not that he couldn't speak. His brain cannot allow any form of outward expression. Think of it like he was paralyzed. His only communication that he had mastered was that if he did not like something he ignored it. He ignored food, school, cops, his new younger brother, etc. His daily routine usually consisted of waking up, eating, going back to his room and reading stories. I can not say whether or not he had any favorites, for his mind could not even communicate with itself. The signals that allowed him to live were sent but basic thought such as, wow this was a really nice book, were never sent. He thought in his own cryptic way that only he and perception (more on that later) could understand. 

               So Jacob woke up, on 19th of his unit of time. (his current universe uses a different time that you could never comprehend if I were to explain it with puppets and small words, so I'll try and interpret it as well as I can.) He got out of his bed, ignored the alarm clock, proceeded down the stairs while ignoring every third step, stepped on his younger brother, and sat down on the table top, and chose the third cereal option. He chose a spoon and bent it to an L shape and began to eat. Today he had figured he would eat in slow bites so as to avoid going outside. Some problems were ignored, but did not ignore him.

                These problems names were, from right to left; Steve, Marcos, Tiff, and Robert. I believe you know how this goes. However this group was a little more civilized, every Monday they held an election to see who the new leader was. This week was Tiff.

                 Unfortunately for Tiff today he was busy having a meeting with metal rod protruding from his chest to go to the meeting. Steve, Marcos, and Robert where having the same problem.

The man who stabbed them was long gone, smart enough not to leave a trace.