Chapter 3: In Which a Murder is Investigated

Jacob walked out of his house to see several cop cars about 3 minutes away. Sparking his interest in something was rare, actually making put effort into investigating said something was even more rare. These unfamiliar cop cars were able to do just that and Jacob walked over in the cars general direction. As he got closer he noticed multiple parties leaving the scene, some vomiting. He also saw that most of the cops and paramedics only stayed at the scene for a few minutes at a time then left to take a break before returning. Now his interest had been increased. So interested in fact that he passed right by the strange tear like anomaly in his front yard and walked straight to the crime scene.

             He was not disappointing. Not even the R rated movies his mother hid from him came close to covering the amount of pure gore that covered the scene. Two of the people were unrecognizable, but he was able to guess who they were after he recognized the other two. All four of the nearest stop signs in the neighborhood were now all within 15 feet of each other, each one in a certain corpse. Except for Robert, he got a yield sign. As his brain could not interpret disgust, he started experiencing spasms as his brain attempted to get a grasp on the situation. The cops mistook this for shock and rushed over to whatever could provide a distraction from this case. Before they could get to him though, his brain was able to make a connection between a moment a character was feeling something like this in his books and his current situation. He labeled the new feeling and decided he did not like it, so he chose the best way to avoid it and left the scene.

              The new problem was, he couldn't shake the feeling that he had scene what had happened to them. Which was all impossible, seeing as he was inside his own home at the time of the murder. So once again Jacob became intrigued with something he felt like he shouldn't have, but this time it actually perplexed him. For the first time in his life he was actually confused. This caused something to spark that had never sparked before, his brain began to actually communicate. He suddenly noticed things he hadn't noticed, which are things that you wouldn't have noticed either. It was a very new concept to him, and one he intended to explore fully.