chapter 1: Leaving home

Here we go... Selene and I were standing at the gate that would take us to England and eventually hogwarts. It was very emotional knowing I wouldn't see my parents or my home for another 5 months.

I promised myself I wouldn't cry, yet here I was balling as my dad gives me a bone crushing hug. "We'll miss you guys" I cried in his arms. "Oh sweet heart, we'll miss you too. But it's a really good school and I know you'll love it" my mom half sobbed half said to me as she pulled me to her next. "At least you'll be with your sister this year", I glanced at Selene she was on the verge of tears too.

"Guys come on you're gonna make me cry, and I already did my make up" she whined. At that moment the overhead speakers called for passengers to board the plane. We gave one last hug to our parents and rushed to our seats. For the next 10 hours I did everything I could to distract myself from my own thoughts. Eventually I fell asleep looking out at the Atlantic Ocean.

Once we landed in England we went straight to the train station. We had arrived about 6 hours before the train left. We ran off to the bathrooms to change. I quickly pulled on some black jeans that fit perfectly and threw on a baggy dark blue Pink Floyd t shirt with my black army boots. My hair was up in a messy ponytail and a blue bandana wrapped around my head. Selene decided she wanted to dress up for her boyfriend who ever. So she was wearing a long red sundress with slits up to her knees on the sides with smoky grey sandals and little ear rings. Her hair was hanging loosely down her back, curling near the ends.

After a few hours of just sitting around twirling our thumbs we grabbed our things and started heading to platform 9 3/4. Since Selene went to hogwarts the year before she showed me how to run through the wall. Once on the other side I gasped, it was huge and very crowded. Selene promised to stay with...WAIT!? WHAT!?! Where is she? Well damn I guess ill be walking alone...I cannot beleive she just ditched me like that :( she promised me i wouldnt have to be the awkward one in the crowd, stumbling around. Now im gonna die trying to make new.... uff. Did i just run into a wall? Nope it was a human wall. could this day geat any worse? YES, yes it could, people are starring and laughing. just great GRRRR. "Oh I'm sorry miss, are you alright?" i looked up from my spot on the ground to catch an eye full of good looking :0 is he talking to me? no way! "Miss, i asked if you were ok". im dumbfounded, "OH ummm yeah haha" i stand up, almost losing my balance, " see alllll good". that is until i take a step forward and fall right into the cute stranger" youre clumsy, hahahaha", :( "i know, its a curse". i look at my shoes so that he doesnt see the embarassment in my eyes. "hey its nothing bad, if anything its kinda cute" he said picking my head up by the chin. with that I heard a growl like noise and looked around, strange.. "im Thaddeus and you are?", " hi Thaddeus im Elaine".... a few seconds pass by before he says "Elaine.... i really like that name" another growl, I must be going crazy.

We hopped on the train, and are looking for a seat when my sister pulls my arm. " Hey i was looking for you", i looked at her with astonishment. "you were looking for me? really? after you ditched me, awww thanks sis" i said sarcasticlly. " oh be quiet, come on i want you to meet someone" i look back to say goodbye to Thaddeus but i was dragged on, all i could do was wave.