Chapter 15

Aaron's POV

I was awakened by the echo of my cell phone vibrating on my bedside table. I sat up slowly and answered the phone half asleep whilst trying to clear my blurry vision by blinking repeatedly.

"Hello," I mumbled wondering who would be ringing me this early. I wasn't in the mood for a drunken 'I love you man' speech from one of the members of the football team right now. I was on the verge of hanging up when I heard her, her voice was instantly recognizable, it was Lucy.

I shot out of bed while still holding the phone to my ear. She sounded like she had been crying, but she said only that she had the wrong number before she hung up, before I could reply. Something was wrong and I was going over there.

I quickly stuffed my feet into my shoes and ran to my car. The rain pelted down on me as I fumbled for my spare keys in the potted plant outside my apartment. But the only thing that was on my mind was Lucy.

When she was in the hospital, I promised Lucy's mom that I would look after her as I knew what their lifestyle was like, Lucy and Mark's. Their parents are never home but they always had eachothers company, even if they didn't greatly appreciate it. It was still better than being alone.

Now that Mark's gone, I feel like I owe it to him to take care of her, and I also had to ignore my feelings for her that had seemed to grow since the kiss. The one she didn't remember.

****************************************************

Ok I know, seems a little soppy and stupid but that's just how it is :D comments would be good please!!!