Chapter 27

Lucys POV

That jerk Luke really sickened me, I thought to myself as I carefully tended to Aaron's poor, bruised face. Kicking him in the face while wearing football boots was a step to far.
I decided the best thing to do was to pay him a visit.

I finished cleaning up Aaron and made sure he was in bed getting some well needed rest before I left and I would check on him later on to see if he needed me a while longer.

I liked to look after him, he was very sweet and seemed quite grateful. It broke my heart to see him hurt like that. It was like he was my older brother now.

I quickly snapped out of feeling sorry for myself and borrowed Aarons car to visit Luke. Aaron of course, was not aware of the reason why I was borrowing it but what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

I parked outside the red bricked town house. I had been here quite a few times before, picking up Mark from whatever party had been going on there that night.

I stormed up the pretty pebble drive way and furiously knocked on the door.

Luke answered almost straight away. He too had required some injuries from the fight but they were papercuts compared to Aarons' slices and bruises.

"I suppose you're here to defend Aaron?" He asked in a flat tone.

"How do you know what I'm here for?" I replied curiously, wondering if it was obvious.

"Oh please, ever since the party he has never let you out of his site. If he would have just left you alone I can assure you that you would have had a much better time." He said with an added wink, uhh he is vile.

"What are you on about?" I replied.

"Well let's just say you would have got more than a kiss from me."

I slapped him out of shock almost automatically when he looked at me creepily after saying such things. I was pretty proud of that slap as my pink handprint became a feature of Luke's face. It made me smile and it made him stop smiling.

"Don't you even think for a moment that I would even waste my time with an arrogant, big-headed jerk such as yourself let alone anything else." I spat at him in anger.

He stood there with a bright pink cheek and his creepily smirk began to reappear. I could tell he was going to say something that would anger me further.

"He didn't even tell you did he?" I let him finish whilst gritting my teeth.

"Honestly, for a smart girl you can be so thick. I wanted you to loosen up but I knew that you were driving soooo, I put a little vodka in your punch just so you would dance a bit more and have more fun. When you ran out to your car, Aaron followed and yous started making out. So really you should be thanking me."

I stood still. Boiling with rage.
Luke spiking my drink led to the accident, HE killed my brother and Aaron was just going to let me live with the guilt?! How dare he?

After leaving Luke with a few more injuries than before, I got into Aarons car and drove to his flat.