t e n / the one where tony calls steve tinker bell

When Cara and the twins caught up with the others, it was in Tony's workroom, down a couple floors from the living room where they were all used to having these types of meetings

When Cara and the twins caught up with the others, it was in Tony's workroom, down a couple floors from the living room where they were all used to having these types of meetings. But, as there was a new terrorist group on the loose, and searching for one of Steve's closest friends, they moved to a more secure place.

This room also happened to have the ability to set up large holographic screens, running several different news stations at a time, or pull up articles from all over the world in milliseconds. All thanks to J.A.R.V.I.S.'s programming, of course.

"Hey," Steve's voice met Cara's ears as they entered, and he rushed up to her, grabbing her hand and holding it tightly. He didn't kiss her, didn't hug her, or do anything to display his affections. All she could see was the deep concern in his eyes, but it wasn't for her. And she didn't mind; she knew it was for Bucky, his best friend.

"Hi," she forced a small smile, showing him reassurance as she squeezed his hand in return. "How's everything turning out?"

He shook his head. "There's nothing. We talked about everything we know about Skull, and analyzed it about a million different ways. We know almost nothing, so it doesn't make a difference. They're way ahead of us on this, we don't even know how to contact Bucky, or learn about his whereabouts." His chin almost hit his chest in defeat. "Unless you or the twins have anything useful, we're running blind."

Cara turned to Wanda and Pietro, who were standing off to the side of the group, and back to Steve. "I don't know, I'm new at this, but if you want to ask the twins, I think you should talk to them. I mean, they know you, they trust you. Right?"

Steve nodded slightly. "Yeah, I guess." He leaned into Cara's touch on his hand, and whispered, "I just want to get Bucky back. He went through hell when he shouldn't have, and I wasn't able to stop it. I didn't follow him when he..." He trailed off, brought a hand to his lips, and choked back a sob. "I just want everything to be normal. For everyone to be safe, and happy."

Cara's heart wrenched. It felt as if someone were using it as a stress ball. "I know you do," she comforted softly, everyone in the room completely forgotten. She reached up with her other hand and touched his cheek softly. "I may not know who Bucky is, but I know that if anyone close to you is in any kind of danger, you'll go to any lengths to make sure they're safe." She smiled at him, rubbing the pads of her thumbs against his scruffy jaw. "This is no different. Bucky needs you, he needs us. We'll find him, I promise."

It hurt to see him so doubtful, so broken, but it hurt a little less to see him lift his chin defiantly, a determined set to his jaw. "You're right," he said. Leaning down a little, he pressed a featherlight kiss to her forehead, and turned to face the rest of the Avengers, and their tag-a-longs(Scott).