Part 4 - A plan

Feeling extra warm, Stevie realized that it was Lindsey's body heat causing her distress, that being the only thing that kept her from moving. She took his hand that was draped across her waist, pulling it closer to her face as she snuggled him, listening to him breathe against the back of her head. Could this be true? Was he still here with her?  The feeling was joyous, a smile displaying across her face as she then gently turned to face him; he was sleeping peacefully.

She took in every crease on his face, almost as if she was drawing lines across his skin with her own fingers, trailing the smile lines. He was so beautiful.

"I love you so much," speaking barely above a whisper. "Lindsey, you don't know just how much I love you. I don't want to be away from you; I don't want to ever be separated again but I fear you must take responsibility. This is hard for me to take in once more, knowing that once again it is not me that is pregnant... nor will I ever be, and I could only imagine what it would be like to be pregnant then divorced during those months that a woman needs her lover. A baby is created by two people, not just one, and it's both parent's responsibility to make sure that the health of their child is priority. Can you imagine the stress that Kristen would go through to know that you are divorcing her? How unhealthy it would be? Oh, Lindsey, I don't want to be like this or selfless in any form - especially when it comes to you but I can't let you divorce that poor woman, because she does love you... I see it, at least in some form, maybe not as much as I love you but it's enough. It's enough for her to have her heart broken and for the safety of that growing child, we must put a stop to this before there's some sort of disaster."

Lindsey hadn't budged, still sleeping away, Stevie thinking it must have been due to his seizure; he would be wanted at home by now and she was surprised that his wife hadn't called.

Not able to sleep anymore, which it was going on midnight, Stevie took herself in to the kitchen to attempt a glass of wine. She had tears running down her face, not wanting to disturb Lindsey, letting out a few wails as she took the bottle from the cabinet. The glass was shaking in her hand as she shook from her sobs, the tears that were blinding causing the glass to slip from the table, crashing on to the floor. Stevie gripped the end of the table where she cried even harder, Lindsey having heard it from the bedroom and rushing out to find the problem, seeing Stevie attempting to clean up shattered glass.

"No, baby, what happened?" in a groggy tone, still naked.

"N-nothing, I just...I just dropped a glass," picking up large shards as he leaned down.

"Stevie, don't touch it - I will clean it up."

She sat back on her knees and covered her face with her hands, Lindsey reaching for the broom and dustpan, sweeping as much of the glass up as he could. He placed it in to a paper bag then in to a plastic bag, using a Dirt Devil to vacuum up the rest.

"I'm sorry - I'm sorry," Stevie repeated as she leaned against the cabinet, having watched him clean up her own mess. "Thank you, Lindsey, I really appreciate your help," hugging herself.

He threw the bag in to the trash then washed his hands, reaching for her afterwards and smoothing the hair down over the back of her head. "You're welcome and it's okay, accidents happen..." taking her face in to his hands and kissing her softly on the lips. "I'm just glad you're not hurt. You aren't, are you?" stepping back to examine her hands.

"No, I'm not," looking up in to his eyes. He was so gorgeous.

"Say, I'm going to put my clothes on. Why don't you come back in to the bedroom?" taking her hand as he brought her back through the hall and to her room, helping her sit down on the bed. Stevie watched him dress, staring at his body.