Part 8 - Running away?

Kristen was six months, Lindsey watching over her just as well as he did with their first three children, though he was always dying to get back in to Stevie's arms! He thought about her non stop - even when he was taking his wife to her doctor appointments, the older blonde took residence in his mind, almost making him feel guilty because the sound of his baby's heart should be the most important.

Lindsey would contact Stevie every afternoon and evening, that is if she would speak to him, Karen having to usually tell him to call back at a later time because she was busy. There were times when Lindsey even texted Stevie, having to let her know that she was on his mind, knowing very well she would never respond! It was starting to get on Stevie's last nerve, disappointed that he had not changed in many aspects, clung to her like Velcro. 

Stevie sat at her vanity, brushing her freshly washed hair, Lindsey watching contently as he'd just arrived. She had just returned from a day of pampering, from massages to facials, this was a well taken care of woman.

"You're so beautiful, baby," complimented Lindsey, laying on his side as he was caught in her aura.

"That's most likely the tenth time you've said that in five minutes, thank you," placing her brush down to arrange some things.

"Mmm, does it matter?" dozily blinking his eyes, a sheer smile apon his face.

"Well, no, not necessarily," swiftly standing as her long red robe trailed behind her. "How's Kristen?" abruptly asking as she dimmed her lamp.

His ears perked as well as one of his eyebrows; Stevie always brought up Kristen when he was in the most sensual of moods. "Good."

"Just, good?" asking again as she sat on the other side of her bed, Lindsey slithering across the mattress to lay his head on her lap.

"Mmhm," he reached up to touch her chin, running his finger along her lips. "How are you, beautiful?"

"Linds, please," turning her head, disliking how disconnected he was to his future child.

"What, Stephanie?" sitting up some. "Why are you bringing up Kristen while I'm with you?"

"Because I want to make sure that you're taking care of her."

"I am, baby, I am!" taking her face.

"Then can you share with me what she's going through? Is the pregnancy rougher than normal?  You know, those things!"

"I'm with you right now, Stevie, two totally different lives."

"Exactly, Linds, but does she ask about me? Do you scoff when she questions my name?"

"No, she doesn't ask about you..."

"She doesn't...?"  shocked, not believing her own ears.

"No, not really; I think she is trying to let it all go..."

"I still can't believe how mature she has taken this," looking down at her manicure.

"Stevie, it's almost as if you want  her to be upset."

"No, I don't - of course not! You know that I was worried about upsetting her in the first place. I just find it strange that I am concerned about her so much and she doesn't mention my name."

"Well, I'll tell her that you said hello or why don't you just come on over and we can be one happy family?"

Stevie was not impressed with his sarcasm, huffing while she grabbed her remote for the television, turning it on.

"Baby, what is going on with you?" running his finger up and down her bare arm.

"Lindsey, I think this is effecting me more than I realize."