Part 9 - I'll come back to get you

He couldn't believe what he had done, how he had let himself become so desperate  for affection, making love to Kristen on the spur of his downward sprial. Lindsey felt as if he had cheated even though he had been cheating on the opposite woman for many years; why was he such an over irrational fvck up? His need for a woman's touch, for sex was always a highlight in his life, the desperation  for Stevie not helping at all. The many messages he would leave on Karen's phone, begging for Stevie's commuication, Stevie continuously going through "extreme" vocal rest but he knew better; he knew that she was purposely avoiding him to keep his mind on Kristen at home! But now he had let himself put Kristen's hopes up, her acting as if she was his wife again, reaching out for his affection as well. This was not what he had wanted, not what he had planned, and the guilt that he carried with him was unbearable. He'd have to tell Stevie...

Having known Stevie's tour manager, Lindsey was able to get a VIP pass to the next show, his plane landing late due to a storm and it aggravating him. The show had started thirty minutes ago and now there was no time to speak to her, not that he would have told her upfront about the incident beforehand, but now he'd have to struggle with out touching her.

Lindsey stood at the back of the stage, peeking out of the curtain and trying to see her over bandmembers, wishing she would turn so he could see her face. She looked so beautiful from behind, black and gold ensemble; Stevie looked like a literal angel with the lights flickering the gold shawl. Why was she so perfect and him such a mess?

Desperately trying to catch a glimpse of her hands, she unfortunately had those damn black gloves on again, impossible to see if she was wearing his ring. But maybe it'd be a good thing if he didn't know, it would break his heart once more if she was with out it.

After hiding himself backstage, listening to her performance, Lindsey waited another grueling hour before he could finally snag Karen...

"Lindsey, what the hell are you doing here?"  snapped the assistant as he took her by the arm.

"Karen, shhh, please don't tell her that I am here yet. I flew half way across the country just to see her, I miss her and I'm highly concerned -"

"You are being irrational again and you know how much she hates that!"

"Why does she not call me, huh? Why? I leave messages and I get no response from even you! I've been doing exactly what she wants me to do and I deserve clearance to her presence. Please, Karen, what hotel is she at? I want to surprise her with flowers."

"Ugh, Lindsey, she's going to kill you," laying a hand to her forehead.

"Please..." tears in his eyes and though Karen was always annoyed by him, she knew that he did love her boss whole heartedly.

Being given the exact location to where she was staying, Lindsey headed out in to the city to find a nice bottle of champagne, of course not forgetting the flowers! He bought the most expensive bouquet, even leaving the price on it so Stevie could see her love had no price.

Making his way to her hotel suite, his palms were sweating at the fact he'd have to reveal what happened back home; Lindsey could not hide this from her as much as he thought he should. His guilt was stronger than ever imaginable but would he be able to get this off his chest?

Knocking, he waited anxiously, clearing his throat and running a hand through his hair, holding the flowers up and the champagne under his arm.

Stevie unlatched the door and it opened with a whoosh, having already seen him through the peephole, her tired but angry eyes meeting his as he quickly pushed through the door.