[1]

[Finn]

I couldn't fight anymore after he died.

My best friend, Coy, died in my arms today. I've been scarred for life. The war has to stop. I've never liked the idea of fighting or death. The only reason I'm here is because help was needed, and I was practically forced out of the comforts of my own home.

Well...cell.

Coy always told me that we were nothing but pawns to The First Order. I don't remember my family. I have no memory of life before The First Order. Coy was here before me. I was four when they took me. He was seven.

He was the only one who talked to me and I looked up to him like a big brother. I did whatever he did. I copied him. I wanted to be just like Coy. I did whatever Coy told me to do. When I was older, around ten, I learned I had to listen to the commanding officers too. Coy had been the only family I ever had.

And now he's dead.

I saw the person who killed him. It was a man. He had dark brown hair and and brown eyes. His skin was a light almond brown.

I want to kill him.

If Coy were here, he'd tell me;

"It's not worth it. What will you gain from killing someone? It just means the dead count climbs higher."

But...Coy's not here.

I don't know what I was thinking when I escaped that night, to be completely honest.

Because of Coy?

Because I was afraid to die?

Because I didn't like killing period?

Because of that man?

I don't know. Maybe I'll find out later in life or some spiritual shit like that. If something doesn't kill me first, that is. The forest was dark. It was also really hot. I really hadn't thought this through. What was I going to eat? Where was I going to sleep? I hadn't thought of anything.

Coy always used to tell me that I was dumb. Although I don't think he meant it literally.

The only thing that kept me going were memories of Coy. Like the first time we met. I was crying. Bawling. Practically screaming my head off. I remember a lot of people yelling at me to stop and grow up and that only made me cry harder.

I remember a man quickly sweeping me off my feet and putting me in a dark corner of a room.

"Does a time out corner seem familiar to you, you little brat? Now sit there and be quiet."

Yes, that's actually what he said to me. A little boy, who he barely knew. A little boy who had not even an hour ago been swept away from his mom and dad and maybe siblings. I don't know.

Then I heard a voice. I thought it was someone invisible since I was only aloud to face the wall.

"It's okay." The voice said.