[7]

[Finn]

The girls name was Rey.

I found it quite unfitting for her personality. She wasn't the ray of sunshine, her name made her out to be. For one she was rude. She ignored me the entire way to her home when I tried to make small talk. Two, she had horrible manners. She ate like a pig. Her whole face was in the food. At least she had the audacity to dab the corners of her mouth.

The wiped her mouth and she looked up at me. "So what's a soldier like you doing on the edge of the war zone?" She asked.

Oh so now you wanna talk.

"Leaving the war." I said, flatly.

"Why? You gotta a girlfriend? Cute girlfriend?"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "No. I just don't like it here that's all." I said.

"Oh." She nodded.

"Well I mean-"

"What?!" Rey exclaimed, excitedly practically jumping over the table.

I was starting to think maybe she was a little on the crazy bipolar lonely hermit/thief side.

Just saying.

I was about to tell her about Poe, but now I'm not sure.

"Never mind." I said, shaking my head.

"What? How are you gonna get me all worked up? Come on now." She pushed.

"I...well there was this...this...guy."

"Ooh, hot." Rey said, biting her lip.

I ignored her comment and kept talking. "He was really cute to be honest. I'm not sure if I liked him more than I let myself believe you know?"

Rey nodded vigorously. "Uh huh, uh huh."

And I pretty much told her everything and she actually seemed to be enjoying it. Not sure if I was supposed to tell a random stranger about my personal life, but it wasn't like I was going to see her again. And it felt good to let out. It was like girl talk.

Never had girl talk with Coy. Since you know...he wasn't a girl. When I finished Rey nodded.

"So from what I know, and don't quote me on this, but...he sounds like a fuck boy and you should let him go." Rey said, shrugging and leaning back in her chair.

"Huh?"

"He's been 'subtly' trying to feel you up. Plus he has that 'I need water I'm so thirsty' kind of look on his side. Stay away from those. They fuck you up." She said, shaking her head.

"What do you know?" I said.

"I dated this guy once. No big deal. He was really hot. But he was also really straight forward. And he was super strict. Didn't like him much. Ended up in the military. Think he's dead. The only good thing about him was that his parents were loaded. Which meant he was pretty loaded too. Lots of presents."