[3]

[Finn]

I couldn't do it.

I couldn't kill him.

My conscious wouldn't let me. No matter how hard I tried. And believe me I did. He was so vulnerable right there, sleeping across from me. I had a pocket knife. I could've slit his throat, or stabbed him the chest. But I couldn't. I imagined what Commander Ren would say.

Weak.

Coward.

Pussy.

Feeble.

Lame.

Pansy.

I know everyone would join him. And I'm sure he'd have even more names than that. I'm pretty sure he looked them up every morning so he would be ready for someone to fail ten he could jump them with his hurtful words.

I hated Commander Ren.

The next morning, the man was up first. He was sitting up and cleaning some of his wounds in the water. He turned to face me.

"Good morning." He said.

"Hello." I nodded.

He smiled, his eyes gleaming under the sunlight. I can't believe I would've ever wanted to destroy the light in those amazing eyes last night. If I didn't know him, I'd never believe he'd be able to hurt a fly with those eyes.

"We got off on the wrong foot last night. Let's start again." He said, dusting dirt off of his hands. "I'm Poe. Poe Dameron." He said, holding out his hand for me to shake.

I stared at his hand, but I didn't take it. I already don't like him. There's no use in trying to get to know someone I already didn't like. Coy would tell me to give him a chance.

But Coy wasn't here. And it was all his fault.

Poe licked his lips and drew his hand back. "Okay, so you don't want to shake hands yet-"

"Ever." I corrected bitterly.

"Don't want to shake hands ever...got it. Um...what did to say your name was?" He asked.

"I didn't say." I said, crossing my arms.

Poe stared at me, waiting for me to say my name. I concluded he probably wasn't going to stop looking at me like that, unless I said something.

"My name is Finn." I said.

"That's it?"

"You asked for my name and I told you, so stop bothering me." I snapped.

Poe held his hands up in surrender. "No prob, Bob." He said. "Um...so, you said you were going to take me home, yes?" He asked.

"Yes. They can fix your leg right?" I asked.

Poe nodded.

"Good." I said, getting up. "Then I don't have to deal with you anymore."

"Hey man what's your problem? How are you going to save me then be an asshole?" Poe snapped. "I get that we're on opposite teams or whatever, but that doesn't mean you have to be a sourpuss. Just because you have a dick doesn't mean you need to act like one, because as far as I know, I haven't done anything to you."