really?!

The next day at school I waited for it to be over, finally the time came. I walked out of school for my mom to pick me up. I got in and we drove home. "Max and Harvey are already here" my mom said while grabbing her purse. I ran inside and I checked my phone. Lots of notifications and messages. Did I tell you I was popular in school? The other day a boy called me anorexic... that's rude. "Hello how was school" I turned to see max. "Oh it was boring but I'm glad I'm out" I said. He nodded and smiled. He sat on my bed and I turned on the TV for him. I felt really uncomfortable in my clothes so I threw on some shorty shorts but realized I forgot my shirt in the room. "Hey max could I borrow a shirt" I shouted out the door. Within seconds he was handing me a shirt through the door... wait a minute. "Max is this the shirt you had on" I asked. "Yes" he replied. I shrugged and put it on, it smelled like him and it was too big for me. Just the way I like it. I walked out and he was still on my bed. "Pardon my shirtlessness" he said. "It's fine" I replied. I sat next to him and we watched Thor. "So ur what's up with Harvey he hasn't been very nice or happy since he got here" I said. Max put his head down. "Harvey hasn't been happy since our parents died, after that we moved to a foster home and on to the next and we have never stayed in one place for too long. Harvey just doesn't want to live that kind of life" he explained. I sighed. "I want you and Harvey to have a good life, I want you to be happy." I said. I got up and walked into Harvey's room. "Hey Harvey can we talk" I asked. He nodded. "Look, please don't be upset with me or my mom. I can talk to her and we can make sure you stay for a long time, I don't want you to be unhappy" I said. He looked up at me. "Thank you. I just wish I didn't have to ever leave here, this place seems so great... I wanna be able to go to school and go to shops and have friends" he said sadly. "I know and I'm sorry that you haven't been able to do that. Tell ya what, tomorrow you and I can hang out the whole day, just going to shops and stuff" I said. He looked happy for once when I said this. "Thank you so much" he said hugging me.
Skip a boring day*
The whole day, me and Harvey went to shops around the city while max got to know my mom. When the day was over we had spent over $200. "Thank you for today, it has been amazing" Harvey exclaimed. "You are so welcome. Suddenly a wave of nausea washed over me, I found myself holding my stomach. "I'm sorry Harvey but I have to go to bed" I said. He went to day something but I lost my focus and fell over. My vision went blurry and I saw Harvey standing over me,then I saw max. They were speaking but it sounded like they were talking into a can. Then things were black.
Max's POV:
I was sitting in my room and Harvey started yelling. I ran downstairs and Lanni was on the floor. "Harvey what happened" I asked. He ignored me and tried to talk to Lanni but she passed out. "Max help we need to get her to her mum" Harvey said. I picked her up and carried her to her moms room. "Oh my god what happened" Diane asked. "I'm not sure she just passed out" Harvey said. Diane scooped up Lanni in her arms and we piled into the car. When we got to the hospital they took her away on a gurney.
We sat in the waiting room for hours I even fell asleep. I woke to Diane shaking me. "Max is 2 in the morning.. Kalani is very sick right now, I can call my sister to take you boys home if you want" Diane said. "No, please I'd like to stay" I replied before falling asleep. I woke to the scent of coffee lingering in the air. Diane told me I could go see Lanni. When I walked in she had needles in her arms and a cloth on her forehead. "Good morning" I said smiling. She smiled weakly. Then Diane walked in. "I have some news and I wanted to tell you both at the same time... I'm adopting max and Harvey" she said. I smiled widely and Lanni let out a small breathe as to let us know she was happy. Her eyes sparkled and I could tell she was very excited. "Thank you so much" I said while hugging Diane. I pulled away from the hug and looked back at Lanni. She was not awake anymore. "Diane is that alright if she isn't awake or should she be awake right now" I asked. Diane looked worried so she called the doctor in. "Alright so Kalani has some issues in her stomach that have affected her greatly, if she tired to walk then I can almost 100% guarantee that it will be excruciatingly painful." He explained. "We will do more tests to see what's happened and then she should be able to go home this evening" he finished.
Skip and hour*
The doctors just started tests on Kalani, I hope she will be alright but from now on I will be with her for every second of the day. A few hours later when my bum started to get numb from sitting, the doctors finally came out. "Max mills?" The doctor said in a questioning tone. I stood up. "Yes sir that's me" I replied. He put his arm out as if to tell me to go in her room.
Kalani's POV:
I waited for a minute and finally my door opened. It was max. "Hi Maxie" I said quietly. "Hi Lanni I'm so glad you can speak now" he replied. "Yeah me too. Earlier I wanted to talk but it would hurt my stomach" I said. He nodded. Then unexpectedly he came over to me and hugged me, then kissed me. "Max?!" I said. He pulled away and his eyes were wide. "I am so sorry" he said. I took a deep breathe. "Max it's okay, but we can't do that ever again because my mom adopted you guys. I'm sorry and I have to admit I did like you but I can't now" as I said this it really hit me how much this really sucked.