Maybe

Tears slid down my cheeks, most likely smearing my makeup. I heard one faint knock on my door and then someone walked in. I sniffled and looked over, it was Emma. "Are you alright love?" She asked. "Oh uh yeah of course" I lied. She slowly sat down next to me. "You are upset, crying even. What's the matter?" She asked, putting a hand on my back. "I honestly have no idea. I want to go to England, I really do. I feel as if I've had a load of stuff thrown at me. I mean I've only just met you and now they want me to go to England" I explained. "It'll be alright trust me. You've got me to help you out with the England situation and we can be friends.. I'm more than willing" she smiled. "Thank you.. that means a lot" I replied. She nodded and we were silent for a while. "Emma?" I asked. "Yeah?" She replied. "What happened to max and Harvey's parents?" I asked. She sighed. "Max and Harvey tell everyone that they died.. it's not true. Their mum wasn't capable of keeping children because she didn't have money or time for them. She swears that she wanted to keep them but she just couldn't. It wasn't choice, it was force. They have a brother named Leo and a sister named Tilly." She explained. Wow, she knows but I don't. "And how do you know? I mean Max has never told me and when I bring it up.. he pushes the subject away" I said. "He hates talking about it. I've been friends with max and Harvey since I was a mere bean. I know all there is to know about those magnificent twins" she giggled, it was almost as if she was remembering all of their times together. I nodded in response. "So Kalani.. do you really have feelings for max?" She asked. I furrowed my eyebrows. "What? I uh of course I do" I stuttered. "Mhm. And you hesitated when I asked. Earlier you didn't interact with max at all until you knew he had something to say. It's okay Kalani but you need to tell" she pushed. I hesitated and sighed. "I don't even know anymore, we split up for a long time and I thought I wanted to be with him but I just don't know" I said. "I understand. I feel the same way about Harvey, we've actually been dating for a long while now. But we swore to keep it a secret from anyone and everyone." She said, almost embarrassed. "I just wish I could be happy with max. I know he loves me" I said, beginning to cry. "Ladies?" I heard. I looked up and saw Harvey in the doorway. "Oh my gosh.. how much did you hear?" Emma asked frantically. "Enough" he replied. "Oh Kalani" he said running over to me. "What's wrong? Why are you crying" he asked as he pulled me in for a hug. "Harvey I can't do this anymore. I live Max I really really do.. but just as a friend. You want to know something Harvey kitt mills? I love you, yeah I said it. I love you and I have for a very long time. I know you may not feel the same way about me but af least I had the courage to let it out" I sighed. After I'd finished my confession I ran to the bathroom, slamming the door behind me. I slide down and pulled my knees to my chest. Why did I tell Harvey about that?! I just ruined our friendship for sure. I heard someone knock at the door, probably Emma. "Lanni.. it's me. Harvey" he said. "Please let me in" he added. I stood up slowly and opened the door. He surprised me immediately with a hug. "I love you so much Lanni, you don't even know. I've loved you since the day I met you. I just called it quits with Emma since apparently she doesn't love me" he sighed. I squeezed him tighter and we stood there for a bit. "Hey Lanni I-" max began to say. "Sorry did I interrupt?" He asked. "Harvey I can't" I cried. "It's okay, I will" he offered. I nodded and ran back to the bedroom where Emma no longer sat. I plopped on the bed and cried. This is like the second time that I've told Max it wouldn't work. I hate myself, I thought. I began to feel an increasing headache, it's all this darn crying I bet. I was startled by a slight knock at my door, expecting it to be Harvey, I opened the door. To my surprise.. it wasn't Harvey. I turned away from Max, not wanting to face him directly. "Please look at me" he said, I sniffled and looked at him. "I understand.. it's okay. I just want you to be happy. If you don't love me, I can't change that at all but I am okay with it as long as you are happy." He explained. Before I knew, my arms were wrapped around his waist and his were around my shoulders. "I'm sorry max. Can we please put everything behind us and be best friends.. please?" I begged. "Of course. Anything for you" he replied.