the lake house

I sat outside waiting for Harvey to get back, soon Max came outside in khaki shorts and a white shirt. I stood up and walked to him I grabbed the sides of his shirt and pulled him closer "looking good baby" I said before kissing him. He smiled into the kiss which was super adorable. "Good morning beautiful" he said after I pulled away. I smiled. Harvey came outside " you guys are so perfect for each other, anyways mom is awake and we are leaving" he said. "Yay" I squealed without thinking. Max and harvey just laughed at me. About 15 minutes later Julie told us all to pile into the car. We drove off to the lake stopping every few hours to go to the bathroom at a gas Station. Finally we pulled up to the lake house.

I was amazed at this year's model of the house, super nice. "Wow Harvey this is so much nicer than last year!" I said squeezing Harvey's arm in excitement. I jumped out of the car and set my things down "come on Harvey" I yelled pulling him out of the car. We ran into the house and put our things away. The sun was just setting my the time we got back outside. "Wow it's so beautiful" I said to max. "Almost as beautiful as you" he replied. He is so cheesy. "Let's go to bed" I suggested. I walked to my room, got under the covers, and went to bed.

M A X
I looked down and stared at my entire world otherwise known as Kalani. I brushed her hair behind her ear and watched as she curled into a ball. My eyes started to feel heavy and I dozed off.
When I woke up Kalani was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake her. I slowly got out of bed and walked to the kitchen. I made bacon, eggs, toast, and pancakes even though Kalani hates those I walked into the bedroom so she would smell it. Her eyes flicked open and she stood up. "Food" she yelled. We went back into the kitchen and I put her food on a plate and she ate.

K A L A N I
After eating I got dressed and me max and Harvey walked to town. About 3 miles away is a town called OakGrove with a gas Station and a few stores. I walked into a store called Merle's. I was shopping around and looking at the various foods when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned and saw a good looking boy. Tall, brown eyes, dark brown hair nicely carved cheek bones and he was wearing a red plaid shirt with blue jeans and boots. "Uh hi" I said smiling. "Well hello there, might I say you are quite beautiful" the boy said. "Thank you... oh uh what's your name" I asked. "The names joe and how about you" he asked smiling. "My name is Kalani" I replied. "Pretty name. How old are you" he asked with his southern accent. "13, and you" I asked.  "14" he replied. I admired his facial features.

Let's just say that's Joe and not Nick Robinson. He smiled and I got really hot in the face. "Here how about I give you my number" he said handing me a piece of paper. I thanked him and went to find Max. "Why are you smiling" he asked. "Oh its nothing" I said. He grabbed my hand and Harvey paid for what him and max got. When we finally got back to the lake house Julie was making lunch. "Hey Jules what's for lunch?" I asked jumping up on the counter to sit. "potatoes and hot dogs and macaroni" she replied. Yay I love when she makes this, when I was little she would make it for lunch but only on special days. She smiled and winked at me, obviously remembering when she used to make it. "For dinner can we have cabbage and potatoes with corn beef" I asked. "Ew" I turned to see Harvey. "Shut up Harvey it's good" I said hitting his arm playfully. I ran into the living room where Max was sitting and jumped on the couch accidentally falling on him. He had a nasty look on his face and he didn't turn to look at me. "What the hell is wrong with you" I asked. "I saw you, don't pretend it didn't happen" he said rudely. "What are you talking about" I asked. Oh wait. "That boy at the store, you guys exchanged numbers" he shot back. "Max... he gave me his number but I didn't give him mine, I never intended to text him, because I have a boyfriend" I replied. He still didn't look at me. Max and I have never fought like this. "Or at least I did" I said referring to the boyfriend comment I made a few seconds ago. As soon as I said that his eyes met with mine and I was sure he would cry. He stood up and grabbed my arm. "Please don't leave me, I was being a jealous boyfriend and I know I shouldn't have been. I love you more than you know and losing you would tear me apart" he said choking back tears. I stared into his beautiful chocolate eyes and in that moment a tear fell on his cheek. I caused it, I have never seen him cry before... the first time I do, it's not good. I quickly wiped his tear. "Max no, please don't cry... I- I didn't mean to hurt you, please baby I'm sorry" I said. He hugged me tight and by the way he was breathing I could tell he was still crying, even more so now. I pulled away and put my hands on his cheeks. "Max Luca mills don't cry over me, please. I didn't mean what I said." I said feeling broken by the fact that I made my innocent Maxie cry.