did you

"Kalani heard that you were talking to another girl. She's heartbroken because she doesn't want it to be true. Please tell me it's not Max" I said. He reached in his pocket and handed me his phone. "Take it to her. Tell her to look through my messages and then go to my gallery and click on the eighth file" was all he said. I did as he told me. "So that's it?" Kalani asked, as I sat next to her. I nodded. "I'll leave you to it" I said before leaving.

Kalanis POV:
I scrolled through his messages and he wasn't talking to a girl, thankfully. I went to his gallery and opened the eighth file. A video of him popped up, he was holding his guitar. He started to sing "stay with me" by Sam Smith. Half way through, I cried tear-off happiness. "And that's how it is. I love you and only you. If one day you doubt that or try to break up with me, this file is for you. You are mine and only mine, and I am yours and only yours. Never forget" he said fore turning the video off. I ran downstairs and hugged him. "I almost thought I'd lose you" I sniffled. He laughed a bit.
-----------------
Goodness.. I'm finally 18! I opened all of my gifts and then Harvey took me for a lunch date and then we went to the mall. Later on max took me to dinner and a movie, what more could I ask for? An amazing best friend and a wonderful boyfriend is all I need.

I walked home from my very last day of school. When I got home I put on some pajamas and sat on the couch. A few minutes later, Harvey walked in, he looked nervous. "Harvey what's wrong" I asked. He didn't answer so I stood up. "Harvey?" I asked again. "Look, don't be mad okay?" He begged. I nodded. "Max walked home with Kelsey hannigan, and she's at our house now. My eyes widened. "Why" I asked, choking back the urge to curse. "I don't know. They've been talking all day" he replied. "Okay" I sighed. "Look, feel free to stay here. There food in the fridge and Netflix is a button away. I'm going upstairs" I said. He gave me a quick hug and I ran upstairs. I softly shut my door and slid down the wall, pulling my knees to my chest. Right then and there, I cried. An hour passed and I began to get a headache. After two hours, my stomach started hurting. My face was red and tear stained. Knock knock I heard. "Come in" I managed to say. Harvey came in and sat next to me on the floor. "He said he'd always love me" I said. "I know. He loves you Lanni, and you love him. You'll go through hard times but that's part of it all." He smiled. He stood up and reached his arm out, making me stand. He pulled me in close and hugged me. "I think it's bedtime for me" I said. He nodded and got in my bed. I walked to my dresser and took my shirt off before sliding on a hoodie, then I put on pajama pants. I didn't care if Harvey saw me. I quickly layed in bed with him and he wrapped his arms around me. I fell into a deep sleep.
---------------
I woke up feeling pressured to break up with max. My body didn't want me to but my mind said otherwise. I gloomily got up and slipped on some jeans before pulling my pajama shirt off. "Mmmm" I heard Harvey groan, he was obviously not excited to get up. "Good morning" I giggled, browsing for another shirt... a clean one. I finally found the one I wanted and I slipped it on. I looked back at Harvey who was stretched across the bed. "How the hell did you manage to get sideways?!" I laughed. "I don't know" he smiled. I sighed and sat next to him. "Today's it Harvey... I'm ending it all" I choked. "What?! Why?" He asked sitting up quickly. "I don't think he's very trustworthy right now" I sighed. "That really sucks. I thought you'd be together forever" he replied shooting me a slight smile. I shrugged and walked out, to Max's house.
-------------
I knocked slightly and waited. He finally opened the door and his eyes widened. "Good morning" he smiled. "Max.. I have to uh- well I think it's best that we... have a break, possibly for good" I stuttered. He looked confused. "I'm sorry" I stated before turning and walking back to my house.
-----------------
It's now been a week since I broke up with max, we haven't spoken or seen each other. Every day I feel me and Harvey getting closer... just as friends. I walked with Harvey to our bi weekly youth center, dreading the fact that I'd see max. "Lanni!" I heard someone squeal. I looked around and saw my best friend Lucy! She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Where's Max... you guys always walk in together" she questioned. "You mean.. he isn't here?" I asked. She shook her head. Max told Harvey that he'd arrive at 3:00pm... twenty minutes before us. He lied. But why?