Prologue

Levi Ruby Rhodes

My name is Levi Rhodes and let me just say that the shit imma bout to explain is something that I'm not proud of. But its something that I learned from and will do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I grew up in East LA where there were nothing but gangs, drugs, guns, and turf wars. I went to schools where the textbooks and computers were all old and refurbished. My mom was a teacher and did her best to try and save the kids who didn't necessarily give two shits about their education. She tried her hardest and she became my hero snd role model. When I was around 9 years old, my mom was killed during a hit in run as she was coming home from working late at the school. As a little girl and hearing something like this really changed my life forever.

Things got worst over the years as I entered junior high and high school. My dad became the known drunk and gambler. He wasted away forgetting about his only daughter and became nothing but a self centered asshole. Going to high school is where shit really the fan for me. Everyone made fun of me and called me names like ghost, spline, and dirty trash. I ignored all of that because I knew it wasn't true, but deep down those names hurt.

Then he came along...

Anthony August Alsina or Triple A.

August came around during sophomore year and was instantly dragged into popularity. He became captain of the basketball team, the trophy, the goldmine, the bad boy. I never really knew him or talked to him but that one night changed everything. He changed everything. One night at a party, he was high and I was halfway to being drunk. But for some reason and somehow he persuaded me to let him hit. I was in a vulnerable place at the time and everything at that point didn't matter to me. We went upstairs that night and never came back down. The next morning, I find out that he took my virginity.
You know how they say that after you give up your virginity, everything seems to be clearer. Boy whoever said that was a lie. After going back to school, August told everyone about what happened and I was called the flat chested slut. He took my innocence and purity and turned it into something hurtful and disgraceful. Making matters worse, six months afterwards my father had committed suicide leaving me to fend for myself. Everyone knew about my father dying, but no one cared. They just cared about the fact that I had given up everything to the most popular boy in school and I was called names for it.

This goes to show that you can't trust anyone anymore. I will be damned if I let anyone hurt me again. From my mother dying to my father committing suicide, the only real family that I have is my Aunt Sheryl. Family and my closet friends are the only things keeping me up and allowing me to keep grinding and hustling so I have a better life and become a better person.

As for August, if I ever see him again which I highly doubt that I will. But if I do, there will be hell to pay. What he did to me and the way he treated me has given me the strength to make sure that weak ass niggas like him don't ever fuck with a crazy bitch like me.