Chapter Nine

9. Space ( Part One )

Levi

Days Later...

Time had passed but I didn't know how much time. Aunt Sheryl was dead and I had no one left in my family. I was officially alone in this world. The only thing left for me to do was to be alone in my apartment, watch tv, eat pizza, and tubs of Rocky Road ice cream from Edy's. It was the only way I could cope with Aunty Sheryl's death and the guilt that consume me afterwards. August and I haven't talked since that night because I didn't need him to try and fix whatever it was. I don't need him... I don't need anyone.

I was wrapped in my favorite blanket and watching Family Guy on tv, when there was a knock at the door. I reluctantly got up and went to go answer the door.

"Holy shit!" I said.

"Hey Levi." Vic said.

"Vic, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I heard what happened and I wanted to come and pay my respects." Vic said.

"Kia called you." I said.

Vic smiled. "Yea."

"I appreciate you coming, but I'm fine." I said.

"You know you can't lie to me, right?" Vic said. "I know you and you're not fine."

Vic was right because after all he did know me well enough. I let him in and headed over to the couch. Vic joined me and placed his arms around me. I didn't know why Kia called Vic but in all honesty, I'm glad she did because I needed someone here with me other than August. It was getting too complicated.

August

3 Wayz x Ty Dolla $ign ft. Travis Scott played as I brought the blunt to my lips once again and released the smoke into the ceiling of my room. It's been days since Levi and I have talked and it was understandable. The last of her family had died, but what happened after made me feel like maybe my feelings are one sided.

DAYS AGO

After talking to Levi's aunt, we had came to an understanding. After a couple of minutes, she had passed away. Levi was devastated that she cried continously even when we left the hospital. We were in the cab and she was crying on my shoulders and holding my hand. I tried the best that I could to try and keep her calm. But as soon as we got into her apartment, Levi's mood completely changed.

"Levi, do you need anything?" I asked.

"No, I'm fine." Levi said.

"Are you sure? I mean I can stay here if you want me too." I suggested.

"I said I'm fine. You can leave." Levi snapped.

"Whoa. I was just trying to help." I said.

"I don't need your help!" Levi said crossing her arms.

"Look I know you just lost someone but just know I'm here." I said.

"I didn't ask you to be. Just leave me alone." Levi said.

"No." I said walking up to her. "I promise your aunt that I would look out for you making sure everything was good."

"That wasn't your promise to keep. Because I'll be fine with or without you in my life." Levi said.

"Is that how you feel?" I questioned.

Levi said nothing and opened the door. I said nothing and just left.

~~

I didn't know how many hours that I had been spend in my room but I didn't care. I wanted to talk to Levi because she was all I could think. What the fuck was wrong with me? 

Levi

Throughout the entire day, Vic and I watched tv and ate some good ass food. I was surprised that he was on his best behavior because by now he would've taken advantage of the fact that I was vulnerable. It was very mature of him.

"Thanks for this Vic." I said.

"No problem." Vic said. "Glad I could be of assistance."

I laughed.

"Want me to come over tomorrow?" Vic asked.

"Nah. I gotta go to work tomorrow." I said. "I mean it's time."

"Alright. Well I'll see you after." Vic said.

"Sure." I said.

Vic smiled and I smiled back before I closed the door behind him. I went back over to couch and turned on my phone. I saw that I had over 40 missed messages and phone calls. I looked at the most recent message and it was from August.

Pls talk 2 me cause it's killin' me. We need 2 talk. --Devils Spawn ( 1:45 pm ) 5 Days Ago

I was scared to reply back because in all reality what would there be to talk about. I don't know what he sais Aunt Sheryl on her death bed, but there was one thing that I did hear.

"I've fallen for her."

He couldn't have him fall for me. It was impossible for someone like him to fall for a girl like him. The odds of that happening was like a million to one. I don't want to talk to him ever.